News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding Forum to Navigation Bar

Started by vectorsector, May 17, 2011, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vectorsector

Hello, i have a question. How do i get all my themes looking from this:

to this:

I have two SMF forums, and the first one i no longer use anymore. I remember finding the option to add Forum there somewhere in the Admin menu, but i cannot find it anymore. Any ideas?

I installed simpleportal, if that has to do with anything.

Capcom

Before you installed "simpleportal" so you just had "home" icon, becuz the "home" icon did redicts you to your forum, but when you installed "simpleportal" so a new icon appeared "forum" in this case your "home" iconwill redict you to "simpleportal" page and forum icon to forum.

vectorsector

yeah i know what you mean, but the problem is simpleportal is installed on both forums. only one of them has the forum button though

Capcom

the one that has no forum button, where did it redicts you when you click on home button, if it redicts you to the forum, then you have to activate the simpleportal.

vectorsector

nah, clicking on him takes me to portal. I want a new button there that directs me to /index.php?action=forum

vectorsector

Wow thanks man, super fast response and quite helpful. I will modify my post if i need help installing it.

Spoogs

Go into your SimplePortal settings and set the portal mode to frontpage (you dont need an additional mod for that)
yoursite/index.php?action=admin;area=portalconfig;sa=generalsettings

vectorsector

It already is set to front page. Okay i need help installing that mod -.-

Capcom

Go into Admin->Main->Packages->Downloadpackges->"Upload a Package" then click on install.

After that, Go to Admin->Configuration->Modification settings->Cosum botton setting.

NOTE: Make back up first, you may get errors after installing the mod.

vectorsector

Advertisement: