How do i upload rank images?

Started by wii123, May 18, 2011, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wii123

where do i upload rank images so it will work as rank banner?

Eudemon

what rank images are you talking about?

colour

upload to the image directory of your theme

themes>your theme>images
I provide limited support as I am just as clueless as you.

Illori

what smf version are you running? this will allow us to move this thread to the correct support board.

wii123

Quote from: Illori on May 18, 2011, 09:10:43 PM
what smf version are you running? this will allow us to move this thread to the correct support board.
2.0 RC5

wii123

Quote from: colour on May 18, 2011, 08:51:58 PM
upload to the image directory of your theme

themes>your theme>images
I cant find where it says images...
I go to Configuration>current theme>and then i dont see an option to choose images anywhere....

Eudemon

Quote from: wii123 on May 19, 2011, 08:40:47 PM
I go to Configuration>current theme>and then i dont see an option to choose images anywhere....

it's in ur server's hardrive
use a ftp software to access or through ur host's control panel

wii123

Quote from: Eudemon on May 19, 2011, 08:44:10 PM
Quote from: wii123 on May 19, 2011, 08:40:47 PM

it's in ur server's hardrive
use a ftp software to access or through ur host's control panel
im in the control panel and i cant find anywhere it says current theme all i se is change style i cant find anything else that has anything to do with theme or images

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme -> Theme Settings -> Theme URLs and Configuration

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

wii123

Quote from: Krash. on May 19, 2011, 11:43:33 PM

Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme -> Theme Settings -> Theme URLs and Configuration
and what am i supposed to type in there? do i put a "," then paste direct link to picture uploaded from imageshack?

Eudemon

Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:06:16 AM

and what am i supposed to type in there? do i put a "," then paste direct link to picture uploaded from imageshack?

that's the location to the current theme ur using in ur server

Sir Osis of Liver

Um... no, it's just showing you where the images are on your server.  You have to ftp the files to the proper directory in the theme you're using.

- R. Waters

wii123

Quote from: Eudemon on May 20, 2011, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:06:16 AM

that's the location to the current theme ur using in ur server
Doesnt help me if I don't know what to do there...

Eudemon

what rank images are u talking about exactly

wii123

Quote from: Eudemon on May 20, 2011, 12:24:27 AM
Rank banners= eg. A pocture with owner inside of it when you see a moderator on here they have mod banners it's by the avatar (might replace avatar idk as no mods have avatars for some reason

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:19:22 AM

You don't do anything there.  You have to upload your new images to the specified subdirectory, with the same file names as the images you're replacing.  Do you have ftp access to your server?

- R. Waters

wii123

Quote from: Krash. on May 20, 2011, 12:33:09 AM
Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:19:22 AM

You don't do anything there.  You have to upload your new images to the specified subdirectory, with the same file names as the images you're replacing.  Do you have ftp access to your server?
CPanel work?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:31:43 AM
Rank banners= eg. A pocture with owner inside of it when you see a moderator on here they have mod banners it's by the avatar (might replace avatar idk as no mods have avatars for some reason

<sigh>

Well, you've lost me.  Have a link to a board that has the images you want?

- R. Waters

Eudemon

Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 12:31:43 AM
Quote from: Eudemon on May 20, 2011, 12:24:27 AM

in ur cpanel, go to the theme's image folder ur currently using, see the earlier replies
upload the image, and then go to admin on ur site
edit membergroup, change the star image filename to the file name u just uploaded

wii123

To krash: What I want is to upload image so I can put it in as rank banner like illori has if u scroll up his says leader in free above his avatar

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

wii123

Eudemon, the problem is where in cpanel do you see themes images What category is it put undr? And you know what I'm talking about yes where stars are and pic I showed is correct

Sir Osis of Liver

The theme images are in http://www.yoursite.com/YourSMFDirectory/Themes/ThemeName/images.  You have to upload your image files to that folder.  That's the image url that's in Theme Settings.  I've never used cpanel, but from Eudemon's post there must be a way to upload the files to the /images folder.

Just took a quick look at the cPanel documentation, and, yes, there's an upload button.  You have to select a file to upload, and specify the target folder.

- R. Waters

Eudemon

Quote from: Krash. on May 20, 2011, 01:12:07 AM

The theme images are in http://www.yoursite.com/YourSMFDirectory/Themes/ThemeName/images.  You have to upload your image files to that folder.  That's the image url that's in Theme Settings.  I've never used cpanel, but from Eudemon's post there must be a way to upload the files to the /images folder.

i was trying to tell the same thing  ???
and yes u can upload stuff with cpanel

wii123

Illori

you can not browse to that folder for security, but you can still put the images there and use them as suggested above.

wii123

Quote from: Illori on May 20, 2011, 05:41:35 AM
you can not browse to that folder for security, but you can still put the images there and use them as suggested above.
i dont get what do you mean put images there? do i jsut add a /name of image.png? or am i supposed to upload it somewhere?

Illori

yes as said before you are to use an ftp client to put your images in that folder

wii123

Quote from: Illori on May 20, 2011, 08:22:04 AM
yes as said before you are to use an ftp client to put your images in that folder
I downloaded file zilla (free ftp client) u connected to my site but i dont understand how to upload from there

Eudemon

Quote from: wii123 on May 20, 2011, 04:59:47 PM
I downloaded file zilla (free ftp client) u connected to my site but i dont understand how to upload from there

after u connected to the site, on site window go to the image folder
and on the pc window, go to where ur file is located, select the file, right click and upload
i think u can drag and drop with zilla, i'm not 100% sure cuz i normally use other ftp client

Sir Osis of Liver

FZ is easy to use, but can be hard to look at if you're unfamiliar with it.  The left pane is your local drive (on your computer).  Navigate to the folder that contains the images you want to upload, and select one or more image files.  The right pane is your host account on your srever.  Navigate to the images folder as specified in theme settings.  When you're in the right place on both sides, upload your files by double clicking on the file name, or selecting the file and hitting <Enter>, or by right clicking on the file name and clicking <upload> on the popup menu.

- R. Waters

wii123

Quote from: Krash. on May 20, 2011, 07:48:17 PM

FZ is easy to use, but can be hard to look at if you're unfamiliar with it.  The left pane is your local drive (on your computer).  Navigate to the folder that contains the images you want to upload, and select one or more image files.  The right pane is your host account on your srever.  Navigate to the images folder as specified in theme settings.  When you're in the right place on both sides, upload your files by double clicking on the file name, or selecting the file and hitting <Enter>, or by right clicking on the file name and clicking <upload> on the popup menu.
alright and now how do i do so i get it in text and type it in (eg star.png) so i can use it as rank banner on SMF forum...

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

wii123

Quote from: Krash. on May 20, 2011, 08:44:06 PM
It's a Membergroup setting -

i know but how do i know what to type in? like i have done the stuff in FTP client but how do i know what tp type in like where it says modstar.png where do i get the info on what to type in?

Sir Osis of Liver

Change Number of star images to 1, and replace Star image filename with your new image file.

- R. Waters

wii123

Dude finally got it thanks!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

btw sorry im a noob so i didnt know anything hehe

Advertisement: