Topic Descriptions

Started by live627, May 19, 2011, 08:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascaland

I encourage you to download the most recent version of this mod, since that one has been updated. :P

helike13

Oh, my O:)

Should I remove the older version before installing the new one, or does it update on the fly?

ascaland

Uninstall then reinstall. :P
That is, unless you parse the mod and make changes yourself.

helike13

There are some errors when uninstalling the old. Should I proceed?

ascaland

You should actuall manually remove any errors since this would affect any future installations.

helike13

The whole thing got f*cked up, I had to restore from a backup.

So I must use the old version.

How to remove that white border in the old version?

ascaland

Well what was the issue? The old version im not fond of giving modifications for since there is a new one instead.

smartmouse

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 04, 2011, 11:04:38 AM
smartmouse, by any chance can you try this edit again?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=434678.msg3053714#msg3053714

Topic Descriptions updated for version 1.1! Included a database option for uninstallation and now descriptions are visible at the top of each topic.

I won't make any change. I prefer to wait for new version that will let us to choose where to put the description: below the author post or above it :P
You should also add an option to show white bar or hide it.

ascaland

Quote from: smartmouse on June 08, 2011, 06:54:47 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=434678.msg3053714#msg3053714

Topic Descriptions updated for version 1.1! Included a database option for uninstallation and now descriptions are visible at the top of each topic.

I won't make any change. I prefer to wait for new version that will let us to choose where to put the description: below the author post or above it :P

I most likely wont do that since its a copy and paste customization. But any other suggestions are welcomed.

smartmouse

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 08, 2011, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: smartmouse on June 08, 2011, 06:54:47 PM

I most likely wont do that since its a copy and paste customization. But any other suggestions are welcomed.

I know, but it should make your mod more customizable and refined. Please think about it.

Horsey

Does this mod work also with 2.0 Gold-version? My upgrade depends highly on this mod, so it would be more than awesome if it would :D

ascaland

Quote from: Horsey on June 14, 2011, 04:44:34 PM
Does this mod work also with 2.0 Gold-version? My upgrade depends highly on this mod, so it would be more than awesome if it would :D

Im testing all my mods this weekend. :)

#Pascal

It would be great if this mod can be moderated by group permissions.

ascaland

Quote from: PascalCX on June 17, 2011, 02:08:57 AM
It would be great if this mod can be moderated by group permissions.

Can you elaborate?

#Pascal

for example:

administrators and moderators cat create topic descriptions, but group users can not.

bros

works for me on SMF 2 gold

Zuća

your mod does not work well on my forum ... when I try to open a new topic of throw me the following ...

There was a problem loading the Themes/default/Post.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

ascaland

Quote from: Present. on June 26, 2011, 11:18:06 AM
your mod does not work well on my forum ... when I try to open a new topic of throw me the following ...

There was a problem loading the Themes/default/Post.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

What version of SMF was this installed for?

Zuća

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 26, 2011, 12:59:37 PM

SMF 2.0

ascaland

Quote from: Present. on June 26, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Project Evolution on June 26, 2011, 12:59:37 PM

SMF 2.0

Well according to users above this is a clean install. Did you happen to do any manual modifications?

Advertisement: