News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Topic Descriptions

Started by live627, May 19, 2011, 08:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsey

The mod works fine for me with 2.0 Gold as well..

There only one problem: If you modify a reply in the thread, the topic description disappears. If you post a completely new reply everything is OK, but if you modify that reply then the topic description disappears. We are using only this mod and the problem appears with every theme.

Question nr 2: Is there a possibility to change the colour of the line which separates the descriptions from the topic?

Thanks for this amazing mod!

Zuća

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 26, 2011, 09:08:16 PM
Quote from: Present. on June 26, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Project Evolution on June 26, 2011, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Present. on June 26, 2011, 11:18:06 AM
your mod does not work well on my forum ... when I try to open a new topic of throw me the following ...

There was a problem loading the Themes/default/Post.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

What version of SMF was this installed for?

SMF 2.0

Well according to users above this is a clean install. Did you happen to do any manual modifications?

The installation does not place any mistakes ...
I have installed a lot of modes in addition to this ... if you can cause some errors

studiowi33

Hi all--

How do I change the HR color? I can see how to change the font color, but the HR color I can seem to figure.

Thanks.

As always, any insight is appreciated.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

ascaland

In index.css change the topicdesc CSS class (.topicdesc). It should specify a color attribute in there somewhere, simply change its value.

studiowi33

Quote from: Project Evolution on August 04, 2011, 07:41:08 PM
In index.css change the topicdesc CSS class (.topicdesc). It should specify a color attribute in there somewhere, simply change its value.
That's what I needed. Thank you. However....
I have  the same problem as above: when someone replies to the topic, the description disappears.

But the ones that haven't been replied to look awesome!

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

ascaland

Quote from: studiowi33 on August 04, 2011, 10:18:41 PM
Quote from: Project Evolution on August 04, 2011, 07:41:08 PM
That's what I needed. Thank you. However....
I have  the same problem as above: when someone replies to the topic, the description disappears.

But the ones that haven't been replied to look awesome!

-s.w

Is this happening when your using SMF 2?

studiowi33

SMF 2.0.2

ascaland

Quote from: studiowi33 on August 05, 2011, 07:52:13 AM
Quote from: Project Evolution on August 05, 2011, 12:11:54 AM
Is this happening when your using SMF 2?

Yes, 2.0 final.

Havnt tested it for 2.0 final yet so I will get to it soon.

studiowi33

Not a problem, PE, but i do need to clarify my trouble: It appears as tho Horsey & I have the same problem. It seems as tho the description disappears only if the reply has been editied.

Thanks.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

ascaland

Thanks for letting me know guys. I have fixed the problem and ensured it was compatible with SMF 2.

studiowi33

Thanks PE. I've reinstalled and am now happy as a .....administrator.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

Zuća

This mode only works well with the default theme ... in other subjects reported an error

ascaland

Quote from: Present. on August 06, 2011, 06:29:00 PM
This mode only works well with the default theme ... in other subjects reported an error

There is nothing I really can do to make this compatible with every theme out there.

ambrosiavenus

I would love to use this mod, however, it doesn't work with the Core Theme or Core based Themes.  The issue lies in the Recent.template.php file.

I am running SMF 2.0, so if there is a solution to this, that would be great :D

ambrosiavenus

Quote from: Project Evolution on August 06, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
Quote from: Present. on August 06, 2011, 06:29:00 PM

There is nothing I really can do to make this compatible with every theme out there.

No you don't have to make it compatible for EVERY theme, but if you could make it compatible to the Core Based theme, then it SHOULD work for other themes as well.  Since most themes are based off either the default theme or the core them, unless someone went crazy and off in left field with their personal theme.  The problem lies within the code of the Recent.template.php file.  I have tried playing with it myself to tweak it, but how you have the coding set up for the default theme... I'm not sure where to even start on that.

Eh, who knows, maybe someone with much more knowledge in PHP could fix this issue, hope so, as it would be an awesome addon to my forum.

studiowi33

Any safe way to get more than 25 characters?

Thanks.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

live627

studiowi33

Quote from: live627 on November 29, 2011, 07:02:01 PM
There's a limit?
After 25 characters, no further entry is allowed. (2.0.1, Curve variant, Prince of Darkness theme)

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

funkythemunky

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 07, 2011, 12:24:07 PM
If you guys want those lines remove, here is a quick modification in both Recent.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php,
Code (Remove) Select
<hr class="topicdesc" />

Could You please tell me if I would have to remove the ´ ´ before and after
Code (Remove) Select
<hr class="topicdesc" />
here . (!empty($modSettings['topic_descriptions_enable']) && $topic['description'] != "" ? '<hr class="topicdesc" /><small>' . $topic['description'] . '</small>' : '') . '
? What would that last line look like in whole?
And what to do if I would not want so much space between the topic-title and topic-description? Probably delete those ´s? Sorry I am php-noob. :/

live627

The apostrophes stay. The final code is:

. (!empty($modSettings['topic_descriptions_enable']) && $topic['description'] != "" ? '<small>' . $topic['description'] . '</small>' : '') . '

Advertisement: