News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Anti-Spam for RC5

Started by mathmission, May 19, 2011, 10:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathmission

Hello All -

I'm having a terrible spam problem. I probably delete 2-4 accounts registered a day. I'm running 2.0 RC5, and please tell me if I'm wrong, but after looking in the modifications database, I can't seem to find any add-on that will help with registration. Each one that is even in the range of 2.0 fails with RC5. I've gone in to a couple of the actual files that require modification, and can't figure out how to make modifications myself that will alleviate the spam problem. Fellow SMF users of RC5, what are you doing to protect against this?

Illori

there is a built in anti-spam mod that you could try admin -> security and moderation -> anti-spam then fill out some of the verification questions on the bottom of the page. be sure to customize the questions to your forum and this should cut down on the spammers.

mathmission

I'll give that a shot, see if that reduces the number of new spam members. Thanks for the tip.

Advertisement: