News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Wordpress 3.0+ User Integration

Started by SlammedDime, May 19, 2011, 06:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devicon

When i try to logout in the wordpress page, i get this error message in smf:
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

dardub

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Facebook integration module http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2322 combined with this module.

When signing into the forum with facebook it only signs me into the forum and not wordpress. Has anyone done this before?

Any advice on what hooks or functions i need in order to log into wordpress when facebook user is logged in?

Thanks,

Darren

guy123

Will this be updated for 2.0.2? I'd like to use it.

TheListener

Quote from: MrFarbodD on July 26, 2012, 09:50:09 PM
Will this be updated for 2.0.2? I'd like to use it.

The mod works perfect on 2.0.2

guy123

Oh okay awesome i'll try install it!

Hm when I try to install it on my 2.0.2 it says it's not for my version. Do I have to use emulate and will this effect my other mods?

jaymax

Hello,

How does SMF 2.0 RC5 differ from SMF 2.0.2? Is the latter compatible with BlogBridger-1.1.4.tar.gz? I just tried it with WP 3.4.1 and SMF 2.0.2 - =>
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "
File downloaded was BlogBridger-1.1.4.tar.gz.(23,752B)

Thanks!

BlogBridger w- SMF 2.0.2

Madchen

Quotewp-login.php is not redirecting to SMF

And my path is E:\Program Files\wamp\www\mysite\wp-login.php

QuoteAdjust WordPress wp-login.php file
This will try to alter your wp-login.php file by redirecting all requests to it to SMF's login page instead.

If i run this option, it works but than i've got problem mentioned before.

ProfessorGoose

So, I am really new to this kind of thing so please do not get to aggravated with me. I do not know anything about php and sql. I FTPd SMF to my the SMF directory but I cannot follow your instructions after that because I have Wordpress on my site. This is where I get confused.

Is there a step by step instruction guide as how to install SMF and then integrate it into wordpress. I searched the forum in the bar but a lot of items came up and upon glancing at some peoples' posts I was getting confused.

Does anyone have any advice or help please?  (Other than me smacking myself in the face until I pass out.)

Kindred

Jaymax...    Upgrade ASAP!! !!!
Rc5 is outdated and insecure.

Professor goose,

Install SMF in a subdirectory. Follow the normal SMF installation instructions (see the documentation link in the header of this site). Installing SMF has nothing to do with Wordpress.
After SMF is installed, then, using the SMF package manager install this mod, following the instructions for this mod....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sakurachan

Needs upgraded to current release of SMF, but I hear it works regardless.

Arantor

There are absolutely no changes in 2.0.2 that would affect this, meaning that it's pretty much just a case of updating the mod's page (no actual work required)

gwbasic

Hi!
First of all, i would like to thanks for this usefull mod.
I am using WP 3.4.2+SMF 2.0.2. I've installed it manually and works like a charm, except one thing.
After logging in through the Wordpress login link, I am not redirected back to wordpress, but go to the forum index.
I've tried to add:
$string = str_replace(" ","+",$string);
after decodeRedirect($string) in WordpressBridge.php, but that still doesn't help.
Any hint?

stylusss

For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

Sakurachan

Would emulating that version it work for fix this issue?

http://i.imgur.com/ixg3w.png

stylusss

Quote from: Sakurachan on November 13, 2012, 12:38:14 PM

Go into the mod, change the xlm file configuration from 2 point whatever, to your smf version, then reinstall.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

Sakurachan

Quote from: stylusss on November 13, 2012, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: Sakurachan on November 13, 2012, 12:38:14 PM

Go into the mod, change the xlm file configuration from 2 point whatever, to your smf version, then reinstall.

That's what I thought

Kindred

do note... emulating 2.0 in a 1.1 forum will cause issues.
I do not believe this will work in 1.1.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sakurachan

Quote from: Kindred on November 13, 2012, 07:23:22 PM
do note... emulating 2.0 in a 1.1 forum will cause issues.
I do not believe this will work in 1.1.x

I used 2.0.2 and emulated it to whatever version he last 'updated' his MOD to.
I get this error now,

Quotewp-login.php is not redirecting to SMF

Hmmm..went to my WP test site and SMF test site. I am currently logged on to WP and logged out of it only to be logged outta the forum. I'm assuming all is well now, then.

ETA: Works fine!

Sulfur

Quote from: thecoo1est on December 10, 2011, 05:58:29 PM
Okay I installed everything the basics are there, however when I click login Im redirected to smf login like its supposed to, login in it redirects me to my smf homepage, when I go back to blog Im not logged in, any suggestions as to what I need to look at?

EDIT: Okay the redirect issue seems okay now, but Its still not logging in on the wordpress blog and logging in from smf? I have seen this question asked many times in this thread but no one has even acknowledged it, any ideas?

sorry for the gravedig but did anyone know how to fix this? I Got the same problem

Michael Pfaff

I think I got this fixed on my own. The file needed to be fixed. Seems to be A-okay now.

Okay, uninstalled the bridge and reinstalled it and changed the path and it seemed to work alright, but now

I'm getting this:

We found the following problems:
wp-login.php is not redirecting to SMF

Any way to fix that?

Wondering if someone can help me. I recently moved my website to a new hosting provider and everything is great except I think there is an error happening with this mod.

When people are logged into SMF already through cookies, everything is gravy. When someone needs to login, I'm getting errors:

An Error Has Occurred!
No Wordpress configuration file was found

Now, I'm thinking this might be a simple fix to change the paths in the mod file to the new. However, when I uninstalled the mod, that didn't seem to work. So, wondering how I can make sure my SMF login is seeing the right files for user login information?

Advertisement: