News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF and Joomla Themes/Templates

Started by Kindred, July 26, 2005, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techdomain

Bloc is now making themes that work in joomla, SMF (there is also a joomla version without header for your forum), and coppermine. (and TP too if you want). The first release of his is mesh, which is a darkish theme. For more info, see the Joomla/coppermine board at tinyportal.net

flynn

Quote from: phil_roy on November 09, 2006, 02:21:37 AM
Hope it's OK to post this here.

I liked the Musiconica theme for RC3 and tied it into a commercial template I bought. I posted noted on what I did to get it to work on this thread if it is of any use...
http://www.joomlashack.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,183/topic,2721.0

Phil

Hi Phil

I really like that theme too. I've given it a green makeover but I cant get it to wrap in my joomla site. It spills out into the side columns and throws the entire site out.

I went to the link you gave but couldnt see your notes on how you got it to work in the message you posted at joomlashack.

Can you tell me how you integrated it?

davesplace80

I have built a theme for my SMF forum based on the hxxp:www.joomlashack.com/partners/idevaffiliate.php?id=410 [nonactive] "Aqua" template. I think it turned out pretty well.

Mainly this site is and will be a central storage location for software distribution tips to get software out to your users computers. I think it will be helpful if your a Sysadmin with a large user base.

You can see it at hxxp:www.distributiontips.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,43/ [nonactive]

I have this and other Joomlashack themes available for download on my site. More will be added shortly
FREE Website install with the purchase of one year of Personal or higher hosting at hxxp:www.developershack.net/shared-hosting.html [nonactive]  Offer valid with any Free or PRO Template from hxxp:www.joomlashack.com/partners/idevaffiliate.php?id=410 [nonactive]Your site will look like the DEMO!

linexp

so do these themes work with joomla + smf?

Kindred

yes. For the moment mambo=joomla (at leats until mambo 4.6.x and joomla 1.5.x)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Favazza

Great guide.

What are the smilies called used in the pics of the zip-file ?
And where can I find them...?

baijianpeng

I want to modify the SMF 2.0 RC2 default theme to add the top navigation menus of my Joomla 1.5 templates to it. Is there any tutorial about this?

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Kindred

no...   no tutorials.   we have pretty much dropped support for any joomla integration at this point
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

baijianpeng

Ok, suppose I am not talking about Joomla. I just want to insert some HTML code to the SMF2 theme so that my code will be displayed at the top-most, I mean the very beginning of the SMF2 output.

How to do that?

I had studied the same method on Tikiwiki, I am glad to see that Tikiwiki has built-in support for this kind of request: there is an option just in its settings that I can insert my HTML code and those code will be at the upper-most of the frontend page.

There is one Mod for SMF2 named Global Headers and Footers, but it inserted my header code to under the SMF menu, NOT the real HEADER part.

I hope SMF2 will allow user to insert header code to make the theme close to other CMS the user may installed on the same website.

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Kindred

no, SMF2 does not change the templates that much.

You can do what this site does and do it all with layers...
Слaва
Украинi

stkee

Quote from: Kindred on March 01, 2010, 07:59:43 PM
no, SMF2 does not change the templates that much.

You can do what this site does and do it all with layers...
Please elaborate more. What you mean by do it with layers?

ccraciun

I finally got this working by adding to the index.template.php file (SMF's theme), the html source of my joomla's header & menu.

Advertisement: