8: Undefined variable: hostName
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File:
/home/supanut1/public_html/forum/Sources/Contact.php
Line: 164
8: Undefined index: max_signatureLength
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File:
/home/supanut1/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english-utf8.php
Line: 43
The second error occurs about 11 times.
How can I prevent these kinds of errors?

Chas Large

There is no default file Contact.php in SMF so we have to presume this is a file introduced by a modification. Can you please list all the modifications you have installed in your forum.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

supanut2000

My forum is previously an SMF 1.1.13 installation, but now upgraded to 2.0RC5.
Anyways here's the MODs I've used. MODs that have the 'incompatible' in the brackets means that I can't use that MOD, so it can't make changes to the files.
1. ReCaptcha(incompatible, removed)
2. HTags(incompatible, removed)
3. Disable Template Eval
4. Advance Contact Form
Also how about my first error about the max signature thing? What causes that error?

Chas Large

OK this error:
8: Undefined variable: hostName
File:/home/supanut1/public_html/forum/Sources/Contact.php
Line: 164

Would appear to relate to the Advanced Contact form mod and you should check out the support topic for that mod here. In fact searching that board reveals that this is a known error. Check out this post for a possible resolution. However, this mod has not been updated for any RC version only Beta so I would suspect there is a lot wrong with the code and would advise you to uninstall it and contact the developer to ask for an updated version for RC5. There have been many code changes between Beta and RC5.

All mod packages have their own support boards and that's the first place you should check where errors relate to files that are not part of the SMF default installation.

The reference to "max_signatureLength" is from SMF version 1.1 so I guess your update of those language files didn't get done. When you upgrade from one version to another, you also need to upgrade the language packs as well or leftover files will confuse the system. Download and install the latest language pack for your language for SMF 2.0 RC5.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

supanut2000

About my second error...maybe I'll uninstall the Advance Contact Form.
About my first error...is the upgrade of language pack possible through the admin panel? Do I just go ahead and installed it? Will I have to delete the old language files?

Illori

you can delete the language files in the admin panel and then install the new one also via the admin panel.

supanut2000

Actually I just went ahead and installed all language packs(the ones with 'utf8').
Now that error seems to had been disappeared.
Now all errors are solved, the contact form thingy was quickly solved by uninstalling the MOD.

Advertisement: