News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I remove the header.

Started by canadiancray, May 23, 2011, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadiancray

I am interested in removing the "header" on my forum. Specifically everything between the logo and the top menu buttons. This area has the logon area when not logged in and the user info when logged in.

It can be collapsed but is there a way to remove it or make it permanently collapsed?

http://www.oldsmobilejunkies.ca/forum/index.php

Matthew K.

Please attach the index.template.php and let me make sure I understand what you want removed.

Just everything in between the logo, slogan, and the menu buttons?

canadiancray

Oh it requires customization of the template. Thats ok I'll just live with it.

Really appreciate the offer though.

Matthew K.

It's not a big deal if you want me to assist you with it? It'd take me a couple of minutes.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's two simple edits in index.template.php, easily reversed.  Will collapse the header and remove the button.

Looks like this -

http://www.thekrashsite.com/smf20/index.php

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

KIMBAL

I would like assistance with this if you dont mind, Ive attached my index.template.php

Illori

KIMBAL please open a separate topic with details as to what you want done, this will help the support team to track your issue separately and not have it get lost in others topics.

KIMBAL

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Marking this as solved based on the OP's last reply.

canadiancray, if you change your mind about this - feel free to mark the topic not solved again, and let us know :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: