News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fatal err

Started by defdef, May 26, 2011, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defdef

So I read http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=432732.msg3034705#msg3034705
and I'm essentially having the same problem except that both my settings.php and my settings_bak.php were wiped. How can I proceed?

Just for reference my errors were:

Notice: Undefined variable: boarddir in /hermes/bosweb/web171/b1717/ipg.ironmountainorg/index.php on line 57

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /hermes/bosweb/web171/b1717/ipg.ironmountainorg/index.php on line 61

Warning: require_once(/QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web171/b1717/ipg.ironmountainorg/index.php on line 61

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web171/b1717/ipg.ironmountainorg/index.php on line 61

Illori

are you running smf 2.0? this issue should have been fixed already. you can use What is repair_settings.php? to generate a new settings.php file.

defdef

yes im running RC5.

thanks for the tip, i had just downloaded the repair_settings.php when i came back to check this thread :)

sorry if this question is a bit stupid, but is all my forums data gone with the settings.php? or will the threads/topics from my forums be wiped when i use the repair_settings.php?

thank you!

Illori

as long as you know your database connection information you can restore it back to how it was.

defdef

I am quite inexperienced here, but when the settings repair tool asks me for the database name, username, password, and table prefix - where can I find this information?

I have access to the "control panel" provided by my host and I think even have a backup of my forums on my computer, but am unsure as to what to enter for these fields. Is there any example or faq regarding this, or can you offer any more help Illori?

Thanks again for your attention to my problem!

Illori

if you have a backup of your forum it should have settings.php and settings_bak.php in it, just upload those files to your server.

defdef

haha, well that was easy! thank you Illori, i'd have been strung up by my users if i hadn't fixed that.

Advertisement: