SMF 1.0 database queries to SMF 2.0 RC5

Started by xMichael2008x, May 28, 2011, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMichael2008x

After reading this post http://community.smfhelper.info/index.php?topic=4364.0 I am looking to get help from anyone who understands what I want and is willing to help me.

I want to convert the contents of this install.php attached in the post from SMF 1.0 database queries to SMF 2.0 RC5  database queries so that when I install an old SMF 1.0 mod onto my SMF 2.0 RC5 forum it works. I know how to manually add the code of the package (SMF Rivals mod) via SMF Parser tool. I just have no idea how to convert the database queries in the install.php so that it actually creates the stuff on my database needed for the smf mod to properly function.

Regards,

CapadY

Not only the database is changed from SMF1.x to SMF2.x Also a lot of code is changed. I'm pretty sure a real lot modifictions of the SMF1 MOD can't be made in SMF2 because of changed code. At least themes are totaly different and the menu structure.

Because those changes you wouldn't find the places where to make the edits doing it manualy. It could even be in other files.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: