News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

It will be good if SMF with good SEO powered

Started by kartheekb, May 28, 2011, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartheekb

Hello Developers,
   It will be very good if we have more SEO powered SMF. Even for paid. we all know that SMF is not good enough to get in google. Compared to VB & IPB . IB & IPB cost is too high. if u release goo software for 100$ it will be good .
www.jntuhub.com/forum (check out my forums)

Illori

many smf forums are high in the list in google. I dont get what you are trying to say. just because you pay for a forum software that does not guarantee you will get high on google searches.

busterone

SEO is so drastically overrated. It is basically worthless for a forum anyway. You cannot control what people post nor is it advisable to edit their posts to reflect keywords. That is cheating anyway, and Google really don't give a crap about keywords and urls near as much as SEO sites want you to believe. They push that crap on everyone just to get your money in their pockets.  Changing your urls using mods such as pretty urls is pretty much a waste of time as well.  Google will crawl and index your site regardless of how the urls are structured. If you are trying to force up your rankings, Google can see through that too. The only thing that really matters is content. Real content, not canned posts full of preset keywords.
Too many people waste their time and efforts on attempting to fool Google.

Kindred

I have been running a SMF forum for ages... With no seo crap added at all... Not even the standard that comes with SMF. And google and other search engines catalog the site just fine
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Wizzlefits

Trying to stay out of Google can be harder at times!
Busterone is correct. Except for the pretty URLs. I like them, not for seo but they just look nicer. hehehe!

@~V~
That was the link I was looking for! Good one!

kartheekb

BUt I am Seeing That MOst of the popular & top sites using VB. I dont mean SMF is not good. SMF is very user friendly compared to others. i understood very easily how to run with SMF. its good to use for newbies.

I dont know exactly. Whats good in VB than SMF? till now i am thinking that it will be good to get in google. but after seeing ur replys i understood that its not the main reason. WHy all big sites prefering VB?

live627

Because that's what their owners want. Maybe they don't want to switch because they think converting leaves problems they don't want to deal with.

Kindred

not all the big sites prefer or use VB.

Remember, you are only seeing sites based on your search term... when I use search terms for my sites, I get them (running SMF) just fine.   So, some sites use VB because they think that paying for something means it is better, some because they like VB, some because they just decided to use VB and never bothered to try anything else...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kartheekb

seo_corporation

Quote from: busterone on May 28, 2011, 12:46:43 PM
SEO is so drastically overrated. It is basically worthless for a forum anyway. You cannot control what people post nor is it advisable to edit their posts to reflect keywords. That is cheating anyway, and Google really don't give a crap about keywords and urls near as much as SEO sites want you to believe. They push that crap on everyone just to get your money in their pockets.  Changing your urls using mods such as pretty urls is pretty much a waste of time as well.  Google will crawl and index your site regardless of how the urls are structured. If you are trying to force up your rankings, Google can see through that too. The only thing that really matters is content. Real content, not canned posts full of preset keywords.
Are you serious!!!!!
SEO might be over rated or some SEO professionals might have given the impression  that without it no business can succeed.
But you can not deny that is one of the cheapest form of non intrusive advertising with high ROI. Even a small business can compete with an MNC with SEO, and their lies its real power.
SEO Corporation is a home to more than 300 small and medium sized companies for best

Web Design Toronto

mashby

I agree with busterone, I'd say he's serious. He's not saying SEO isn't important. I think he's saying that wasting your time on meta keywords or pretty URLs when you should be worrying about the visible content on the page (the stuff people see and want to read about/learn from). SEO has certainly changed over the years and for the better, too. But there are still site owners out there worrying about meta keywords and URLs and stuff that isn't nearly as important or valuable as page content.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

yakyakyak

Wizzlefits

QuoteIt is basically worthless for a forum anyway.
Yeper!
The content of a forum is it's own SEO.

busterone

Quote from: seo_corporation on June 06, 2011, 10:15:52 AM
Quote from: busterone on May 28, 2011, 12:46:43 PM
Are you serious!!!!!
SEO might be over rated or some SEO professionals might have given the impression  that without it no business can succeed.
But you can not deny that is one of the cheapest form of non intrusive advertising with high ROI. Even a small business can compete with an MNC with SEO, and their lies its real power.
I do not deny that SEO has it's worth for a business type site(non forum), maybe if your are selling items or services on the web, etc.
There is very little true SEO that can be effectively done for a forum. As said, too many forum admins spend time and money on attempting to load their forum with keywords, attempt to structure their page urls, etc, and it is basically a waste of time. That is also what empowers the myriads of spammers out there. They sign up to all these lame SEO sites claiming to get them xxx numbers of backlinks and raise their site rank. In turn, these shady SEO groups spam the hell out of forums and blogs. I see them every single day. I have several spam trap forums used to catch them. At least 90 percent of them trace back to some SEO outfit. I have caught a little over 24,000 of them in just the last 3 months. That should tell you where most forum SEO is aimed. It is aimed at the rest of us that do not want spam.

Wizzlefits

That's the problem. Most folks never see the blackhat side of SEO, so they don't know that the 50K backlinks they just bought, will be generated by spamming blogs, forums, guest books etc. Many of which will be posted on spam traps. And some of those "filter" pages will be taken down, thus breaking thousands of the backlinks. LOL!!!!

Any company offering backlink packages (in the thousands) is spamming. But the sad thing is, some of the SEO people are so dumb they blast links directly to the customers website. Which can, and has, resulted in their website being suspended. With more and more spam traps coming online every day.... well, it's not looking good for the numb nuts. hehehe!

But as far as forums go, if you have useful content that is targeted to your theme/niche, search engines will index it and humans will find it.

@busterone...
24K in 3 months...
Come on dog you're slacking! Let's see 54K a week. ;)

busterone

Advertisement: