Permissions issue - should be simple but... ?

Started by bahgheera, May 28, 2011, 01:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahgheera

Hi all, this is probably a simple question. I've been going through the admin section trying to accomplish this for over an hour, and searching here brings up lots of info but nothing explaining exactly what I need.

Here's what I want - a post based member group that has it's own individual permissions. It should have the standard set of permissions, except for ability to modify profile. So far, I've done that. I have my group created, and I set it to 'No - Use unique permissions' for the inherit permissions option. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to modify the permissions for that group. When I go to the permissions tab, none of my post count based groups are there. Can someone explain to me what I need to do to get to the permissions for these groups?

Thanks a million,

- baggy

EDIT: Oh yes, some critical info - SMF 2.0RC5. Located at http://www.theflipsideforum.com

kat

Admin>Permissions doesn't do it?

Click on the membergroup, in there?

bahgheera

No, the group that I made doesn't show up in that list. Nor do any of the other post count groups. I'm at a loss here.

kat

Now that IS odd...

What if you use the SMF default theme?

EDIT:

No, it's not odd...

Go to Admin>Permissions>Settings and check "Enable permissions for post count based groups". :)

bahgheera

Doh! I can't believe I didn't see that... no smiley here for smacking ones self on the forehead, but yeah...

Thanks K@.

kat

No sweat!

I only found out by digging around, myself!

I'd call that "Good teamwork!". :)

Advertisement: