You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.

Started by Bobn, May 29, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobn

Something started about a week ago,, members cant log in and get this error message: You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.

Its only with IE and Chrome, Firefox works perfect. Please help.

Bobn

Bobn

May I assume an upgrade to the latest version should sole this?

Sir Osis of Liver

It's a bug that affects IE8, and apparently Chrome as well.  If the session length is at the default 60 minutes, it'll throw that error.  The header login defaults to 'Forever', so it works.  The login page defaults to 60, so the user must check 'Always stay logged in' or login will fail.  Bug is in all versions I've tried (1.1.11, 1.1.13, 2.0 RC5).  It'll happen on this forum.  Not too difficult to mod the code to eliminate the problem.  I'll find it if you want it.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Bobn

Quote from: Krash. on May 29, 2011, 03:13:20 PM

It's a bug that affects IE8, and apparently Chrome as well.  If the session length is at the default 60 minutes, it'll throw that error.  The header login defaults to 'Forever', so it works.  The login page defaults to 60, so the user must check 'Always stay logged in' or login will fail.  Bug is in all versions I've tried (1.1.11, 1.1.13, 2.0 RC5).  It'll happen on this forum.  Not too difficult to mod the code to eliminate the problem.  I'll find it if you want it.

We are currently upgrading to RC 5 as soon as that is done I will ask you if that is ok.

Sir Osis of Liver

I just tried it on this board, and they haven't fixed the bug, so you'll still get it in RC5.  Let me know when you've upgraded, and I'll look up the fix and post it.

- R. Waters

Bobn

Quote from: Krash. on May 29, 2011, 09:51:19 PM

I just tried it on this board, and they haven't fixed the bug, so you'll still get it in RC5.  Let me know when you've upgraded, and I'll look up the fix and post it.

Thank you. I did change the default cookie time to 65 instead of 60 in the log in php. Seems to have worked. We should be upgraded by the morning and I'll let you know. Thanks for all your help.

Angelina Belle

Is the problem solved? Do the members still have the problem under SMF 2.0 final?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: