WYSWYG missing, cant post...

Started by Ibiza MF, May 30, 2011, 06:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibiza MF

I have upgraded from 1.1.13 to 2.0 RC5
There is no way to show up text formatting icons and smileys wont insert after clicking on them,
When making post it says that text field is empty - only quick reply works ???

CapadY

How did you do the update ?
Which package did you use ?

Where and when do you have those problems ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Ibiza MF

Quote from: CapadY on May 30, 2011, 07:10:58 AM
How did you do the update ?
Which package did you use ?

Where and when do you have those problems ?

I have used large package, installation screen went blank at last step, but after repeating upgrade from start, it finished successfully. All other function of new version appear to work fine.

I have located problem to WYSIWYG - when I turn it on for all user, nobody can post or insert smiley, only by quick reply. And WYSIWYG newer shows, even if it's turned on.

CapadY

give it a try to run repair_settings

Make also sure the directoy /themes/default/scripts is available. Maybe re-upload it

Ibiza MF

I have already attempted to re-upload files from full release, it didn't help. repair_settings.php didn't help also.

When post page is loading I'm getting this error in Firefox console

Error: this.opt.oBBCBox is null
Source File: http://www.----.com/forum/Themes/default/scripts/editor.js?rc5
Line: 573

CapadY

Quote from: Ibiza MF on May 30, 2011, 12:58:13 PMError: this.opt.oBBCBox is null
Source File: http://www.----.com/forum/Themes/default/scripts/editor.js?rc5
Line: 573

Great, that's exactly what I was pointing to in my previous posting :)
Did you take a look if editor.js is realy there ?

Overwrite all files in that directory with files from the full install package. Maybe the option "RC5" isn't recognized because it's an old version of edit.js

By the way, what theme do you use ? Default SMF Core or another one ?

Ibiza MF

Thanks for your effort :) But I'm still making no progress. I'm using default theme.
File is exactly there and it is indetical to file from this forum. I have allready deleted old and uploaded new Themes and Sources folders, so it's almost like fresh install and still just this one thing doesn't work, I don't get it...

Illori

are you using a browser that has any add-ons or anything to block javascript from running? have you tested in more then one browser?

Ibiza MF

Quote from: Illori on May 30, 2011, 02:28:01 PM
are you using a browser that has any add-ons or anything to block javascript from running? have you tested in more then one browser?
Yes: IE, Firefox, Opera without addons and 20 000 anoyed users are experiencing same problems ;)

Illori

does the normal editor work without any problems? seems strange if all files are in place. I dont know much about the WYSIWYG editor but it may help to let someone that does have access to your forum so they can look into the issue further.

Ibiza MF

I'll be glad to pm access data to someone willing...

When WYSIWYG option is not checked in user profile or set to all users by admin, you can normally write posts and insert smiley.
When option is checked, you can not insert smile by clicking and can not post any text as it says that it's too short (only quick reply will work)
Formatting or BB code buttons newer shows up

Ibiza MF

Or... is there any downgrade script?
I have backup of database and files, but I would not want to lose posts from last two days...

Illori

there is no way to officially downgrade sorry.

b4pjoe

Quote from: Ibiza MF on May 30, 2011, 06:54:55 AM
I have upgraded from 1.1.13 to 2.0 RC5
There is no way to show up text formatting icons and smileys wont insert after clicking on them,
When making post it says that text field is empty - only quick reply works ???

Did you run upgrade.php after copying all files to the server?

Ibiza MF

Yes, but there was an error at last step - actually empty screen. Refreshing didn't help so I had to repeat upgrade.php which has been completed successfully in few seconds second time.

I have solved problem now. After making another clean install, I have compared Settings.php - and it appeared that it remained from old version
My settings.php where missing this lines:

$db_type = 'mysql';
$ssi_db_user = '';
$ssi_db_passwd = '';
if (!file_exists($cachedir) && file_exists($boarddir . '/cache'))
$cachedir = $boarddir . '/cache';

and I had this line extra in it

$upgradeData = "there where some numbers here, but deleted them manually while attempting to fix this problem";

There is a small possibility that I have accidentally uploaded old Setting.php, but I'm not sure... anyway, thanks for your help!

Advertisement: