Database crash on every weekly optimization. [SMF 2.0RC5]

Started by putoguiri, May 31, 2011, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putoguiri

Hi, I run a fairly large forum with (a LOT) of messages, I don't know if this is important but just in case.

Anyways, each and every time the forum runs the weekly mantainance (the Database Optimization), the messages table crashes, it has happen 3 times in the last 3 weeks and I can tell for sure that it is that script since I manually changed the execution times to see what happens.

I get the
QuoteError in the Database: Table './***/smf_messages' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
message and until I launch via MySQL admin the repair table command, it stays like this.

So... what does the weekly optimization script do? Can I turn it off? Should I change something in the script or my database in order to prevent this error? Can I automatically launch the repair table command at least (just kidding ;))?

Thanks!

Suki

Reading the comments from the big forum owners and database gurus, optimizing  your tables   won't do much for your forum.

if you own a big forum you can ask membership for the Big Forum Operator  group  where you will find lots of advices on how to manage your forum.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=groupmembership
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

putoguiri

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try, but I "only" have 347,392 posts instead of 500k that are requested.

Suki

you can ask and the team can grand you access even if you have less than 500k ;)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

putoguiri

N3RVE

I approved the request. The fact it comes back after being fixed indicates to me an issue with MySQL or some other code modification done to your forum. Do you use mods?
Considering that this is happening on a regular basis, I suggest you talk to your host or check that any modifications from their end isn't causing such issues.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: