News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Report Mod

Started by d3vcho, June 02, 2011, 09:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterP

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2011, 09:45:20 AM
You do realize that you can create a new permission profile just for that board and strip moderators of most of their super powers right?

It can be done, but how often do you think this will happen?

Spoogs

Umm it's only 1 board, how often would it need to happen?
Does it not solve the issue you put forth with no additional code needed?

HunterP

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
Umm it's only 1 board, how often would it need to happen?
Does it not solve the issue you put forth with no additional code needed?

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say?
What I mean is that I don't understand why someone should be able to see reports, but not to solve them.
That doesn't make any sense in my opinion. It's Jokers mod, so he should create permissions the way he wants :)

Spoogs

Marking the topics solved is permissions driven

Quote from: Joker™ on June 02, 2011, 09:27:17 AM
Also admins need to allot one permission to there moderators who will be handling the reports. To enable this permission go to
Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions » and open permission of the group who you want to mark reports as solved
- Can mark reports as solved. (Will be explaining about this permission more ahead)
Quote from: Joker™ on June 02, 2011, 09:27:17 AM
- [Report Solved]
This button appears in 1st post of report topics in report board. Only people having permission 'Can mark reports as solved', can see this button. When a moderator clicks this button the forum will
be creating a topic automatically saying

HunterP

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2011, 01:32:37 PM
Marking the topics solved is permissions driven

I know but..........Never mind :)

Joker™

Quote from: HunterP on June 06, 2011, 01:08:36 AM
For me, it's peanuts to change this
Can I have some peanuts :P?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

HunterP

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Zuća

Do you map out the issue "solved" if it can write to the topic (declared) and not in the mail in a certain board?

Joker™

Quote from: HunterP on June 05, 2011, 07:35:30 AM
Just a quick fix for those who also want to get rid of this :

Code (Find) Select
if(($message['id'] == $context['first_message']) && ($context['current_board'] == $modSettings['report_board_id']) && allowedTo('can_solve_report'))
Code (Replace By) Select
if(($message['id'] == $context['first_message']) && ($context['current_board'] == $modSettings['report_board_id']) && allowedTo('can_solve_report') && empty($context['is_locked']))

Thanks for the fix (not tried it personally yet), but whenever you provide some code change in a message don't forget to warn users to make backup of there files first, as people tend to break there forums badly while modifying codes. So don't forget to warn people while playing with codes.

Quote from: HunterP on June 05, 2011, 10:22:51 AM
Once again, sorry, I notice that this MOD doesn't change the way PM's are reported? I can imagine that some admins don't want all moderators to see reported PM's, but maybe you can either report to a separate board, or make PM reporting (in the same board) optional.
This mod is specifically designed for reporting posts, I haven't mentioned anything about PM's also in the mod description. Can be a future aspect of the mod ;).

Quote from: HunterP on June 06, 2011, 01:08:36 AM
I've been using this mod for a few days now and I'm thinking if stickying might be better than locking, but the other way round. First of all, locking doesn't do anything but showing a lock icon. On most boards, moderators are still able to reply. Secondly, if 'unsolved' topics are sticky (and un-sticky when they are 'solved'), they stick to the top and that offers a far better visual indication of reports that still need attention. On my board, most reports get solved rapidly, but some require some discussion, or are not clear enough to take direct action. If tey are sticky, they remain on the top of the list and don't disappear down the list on a busy board with lots of reports.

For me, it's peanuts to change this, but I'm posting this for you (and others) to think about.
Lol on my previous forum I used to get 20 - 30 reports per hour and I would be very unhappy to see 20-30 topics sticked in the report board. The behavior of this mod is made to suit the needs all the forums running on SMF and not a specific forum. As I said previously also you can use the SMF permission system, it quite powerful as per my knowledge.
So, for sure I'm not going to change this specific behavior of the mod :).

QuoteAlso I'm having an issue with my added DB-table, but I guess I better wait untill you have some more time :)
That would require to see what changes have you made exactly to the tables. My suggestion would be to create a new table for this mod, instead of using log_reported table.

QuoteI don't quite understand what you're trying to say?
What I mean is that I don't understand why someone should be able to see reports, but not to solve them.
That doesn't make any sense in my opinion. It's Jokers mod, so he should create permissions the way he wants :)
I made that permission so that if an admin has forgot to hide the board from normal users then those users won't be able to solve the reports. While making this mod on my test site, my report board was visible to every group as a result you can see that permission ;) (is it bad to have a extra permission?).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Quote from: Present. on June 06, 2011, 02:05:21 PM
Do you map out the issue "solved" if it can write to the topic (declared) and not in the mail in a certain board?
Sorry cant' get what you are exactly trying to say :P?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

HunterP

Not directly related to this mod, but I've been wondering for a long time why only one line is available when reporting a posting and why the report-field is bigger when reporting a personal message. I've copied the line for the personal messages to regular postings and this seems to work correctly. Why isn't this default?

Joker™

Quote from: HunterP on June 07, 2011, 02:09:02 PM

Not directly related to this mod, but I've been wondering for a long time why only one line is available when reporting a posting and why the report-field is bigger when reporting a personal message. I've copied the line for the personal messages to regular postings and this seems to work correctly. Why isn't this default?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=426962.msg2994246#msg2994246
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

HunterP

Joker™

Quote from: HunterP on June 07, 2011, 03:20:40 PM
Good one! But why mister Joker, didn't you apply this in this modification? ;)
Lol mods playing with templates becomes difficult to manage in terms of support in later stages.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

live627

Actually you can do that without meddling with a template edit. Have you ever used integrate_buffer? It's  a buffer hook callback of ob_start(). Use it to do a search and replace of the text field.

Bugo

It would be nice to replace this line:

$subject = $txt['report_solved'] . $message['subject'];

with:

$subject = $txt['report_solved'] . ' ' . $message['subject'];

or:

$subject = $txt['report_solved'];

Joker™

Quote from: live627 on June 07, 2011, 06:34:41 PM
Actually you can do that without meddling with a template edit. Have you ever used integrate_buffer? It's  a buffer hook callback of ob_start(). Use it to do a search and replace of the text field.
Never used hooks, will try to read about them soon.

Quote from: Bugo on June 08, 2011, 01:36:31 AM
It would be nice to replace this line:

$subject = $txt['report_solved'] . $message['subject'];

with:

$subject = $txt['report_solved'] . ' ' . $message['subject'];

Thanks Bugo suggestion take, will be implementing it in the next upgrade.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Update on mod

Made some changes in mod (you can say nice one :P).

- Drop down box to select report board.
In the mod earlier one can select a report board as recycle bin board and vice-versa, just fixed this bug.

- Reported post can be quoted in the post(report board post)
This has been made using a slight permission, that a admin can choose whether he wants this functionality or not.

- Implemented bugo suggestion in a slight different manner.

- Report to moderator was shown in report board also,fixed (Just a silly mistake from me :P).

So features left are:

- Checking that whether the report is solved or not?
As we are using a board to collect the reported posts, so the tables are also used regarding to posts, topic and messages. I don't think using a log_report table for this single feature is very efficient, moreover creating a single table/column for it doesn't sound nice to me. Just looking/thinking of more ideas how to accomplish it.

- Checking whether the post is reported earlier or not (Edit - Completed ;))
This sounds a nice enough feature to me to be implemented, going to work on this tonight.

Whole and whole you can expect the updated mod in a few days :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Mod updated, you can read change log here.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: