News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Report Mod

Started by d3vcho, June 02, 2011, 09:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Thanks

German Lang comes the next days
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Joker™

Just updated the mod to Version 1.2. I urge all users using version 1.1  to update to 1.2 asap, as version 1.2 contains a critical fix.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

snooks

snooks

Hi joker, are you aware of this problem caused by this mod i can confirm what these guys are saying i have just done my head in wondering why all of a sudden a post view able by guests was no longer view able to them
After searching i came up with this post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439380.msg3085730#msg3085730 i uninstalled the mod and everything was back to normal, maybe you was unaware of this problem so just pointing it out hope you dont mind

I would like to use this mod but posts view able to guests is important too so any chance of a fix if possible please

thank you

Joker™

Thanks for informing me, I've just updated the package, please try the new package.

Too tired to explain the exact cause of issue.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

akbora

This is very useful mod that's great job
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

snooks

Quote from: Joker™ on June 26, 2011, 12:46:00 PM
Thanks for informing me, I've just updated the package, please try the new package.

Too tired to explain the exact cause of issue.

thank you very much for this fix :)

npiccoli

I thought of a couple ways you could improve this modification.
  • You could allow moderators to respond to the topics created in the specified board. Those replies will be sent to the reporter via private message. Once the reporter responds to the private message, it will be added as a response to the topic.
  • You could add the ability to automatically archive reports after they have been solved, or archive them after a certain amount of time. By archiving, I mean either choosing to delete them, or place them into another board.

By the way, I noticed you are adding spaces before you are adding the colons. Those spaces are unnecessary, perhaps you could remove them in the next update (if there is going to be another update).

Overall, this modification is pretty nice. I think with the three suggestions above it would make the modification better all around. Either way, thanks! :)

Joker™

Quote from: npiccoli on July 13, 2011, 03:41:27 PM
I thought of a couple ways you could improve this modification.
  • You could allow moderators to respond to the topics created in the specified board. Those replies will be sent to the reporter via private message. Once the reporter responds to the private message, it will be added as a response to the topic.
  • You could add the ability to automatically archive reports after they have been solved, or archive them after a certain amount of time. By archiving, I mean either choosing to delete them, or place them into another board.

By the way, I noticed you are adding spaces before you are adding the colons. Those spaces are unnecessary, perhaps you could remove them in the next update (if there is going to be another update).

Overall, this modification is pretty nice. I think with the three suggestions above it would make the modification better all around. Either way, thanks! :)
First of all thanks for suggestions

1. You mean to add create a suggestion topic for a reported topic? If that's the case then I think you missed the point of whole mod. This mod makes reports post already in a board and if moderators want to have a discussion they can do it on that topic only. What you are asking for is already packed and rolled out as a mod. You can find the mod on mod site.

2. Once a report is solved and topic is locked automatically. So as new reports are created, old ones will slide down automatically. You can also move topics to other board using checkboxes. To make what you are asking for shouldn't be too hard, as one member asked for the feature of pruning posts based on there last views and I completed the whole things in about 15mins. But seriously I hate to prune topics :P. Still if more users ask for this I'll include this feature in the mod.

3. Are you trying to point out to this code?
$subject = $txt['reported_post'] . ' : ' . $message['subject'];

I just did it that way to have a more clean display of topic subject, if you like you can change it to
$subject = $txt['reported_post'] . ':' . $message['subject'];

A big thanks once again for all of your suggestions :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

npiccoli

Quote from: Joker™ on July 13, 2011, 04:23:11 PM1. You mean to add create a suggestion topic for a reported topic? If that's the case then I think you missed the point of whole mod. This mod makes reports post already in a board and if moderators want to have a discussion they can do it on that topic only. What you are asking for is already packed and rolled out as a mod. You can find the mod on mod site.

I get it now, after thinking it through the way you have it makes total sense!

Quote from: Joker™ on July 13, 2011, 04:23:11 PM2. Once a report is solved and topic is locked automatically. So as new reports are created, old ones will slide down automatically. You can also move topics to other board using checkboxes. To make what you are asking for shouldn't be too hard, as one member asked for the feature of pruning posts based on there last views and I completed the whole things in about 15mins. But seriously I hate to prune topics :P. Still if more users ask for this I'll include this feature in the mod.

I have always found that pruning these kind of topics is a good way to keep a board organized. I like having archives in certain boards, whereas some people would rather the topics just be left alone. Perhaps if this feature is added, you could have the ability for the board pruning to be toggled via the admin panel.

Quote from: Joker™ on July 13, 2011, 04:23:11 PM3. Are you trying to point out to this code?
$subject = $txt['reported_post'] . ' : ' . $message['subject'];

I just did it that way to have a more clean display of topic subject, if you like you can change it to
$subject = $txt['reported_post'] . ':' . $message['subject'];

Oh okay. Could you tell me where to find this code? Like... which file is this code found in so I can edit it a little?

Quote from: Joker™ on July 13, 2011, 04:23:11 PMA big thanks once again for all of your suggestions :).

You are most welcome. :)

Joker™

QuoteI have always found that pruning these kind of topics is a good way to keep a board organized. I like having archives in certain boards, whereas some people would rather the topics just be left alone. Perhaps if this feature is added, you could have the ability for the board pruning to be toggled via the admin panel.
Will think about it again ;).

QuoteOh okay. Could you tell me where to find this code? Like... which file is this code found in so I can edit it a little?
Sources/SendTopic.php (Make backup of file before editing it)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

npiccoli

Quote from: Joker™ on July 13, 2011, 04:49:45 PM
QuoteI have always found that pruning these kind of topics is a good way to keep a board organized. I like having archives in certain boards, whereas some people would rather the topics just be left alone. Perhaps if this feature is added, you could have the ability for the board pruning to be toggled via the admin panel.
Will think about it again ;).

QuoteOh okay. Could you tell me where to find this code? Like... which file is this code found in so I can edit it a little?
Sources/SendTopic.php (Make backup of file before editing it)

Thank you, again! :)

Bill Statler

Joker™, thank you very much for this mod!  Our moderator staff is very happy with the change -- it's so much easier to discuss reported posts in a regular forum thread, rather than in comments in the Moderation Center.

Can I request an extra feature for Version 1.4?  It would be nice if the moderators could receive automatic e-mail notification when a post is reported.  As far as I can tell, your Version 1.3 doesn't have this ability.

I thought we could work around this by using notification for new topics in the Reported Posts board.  But this doesn't work.  If I understand your code, it just calls createPost() and bypasses the code that handles notifications for regular posts -- so, no notifications.

It seems like the e-mailing code from ReportToModerator2() could be transplanted into your CustomReportToModerator2().  I was thinking of trying this myself, but I've got almost no experience with hacking PHP software.

Is this doable?

Thanks very much.

Joker™

Quote from: Bill Statler on July 30, 2011, 11:52:22 PM
Can I request an extra feature for Version 1.4?  It would be nice if the moderators could receive automatic e-mail notification when a post is reported.  As far as I can tell, your Version 1.3 doesn't have this ability.
Surely sounds a nice idea, and will try to work on it in next release ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Bill Statler

Quote from: Joker™ on July 31, 2011, 06:00:41 AM
Surely sounds a nice idea, and will try to work on it in next release ;).

Thank you!  Looking forward to it. :)

sisterwolf

Joker™, thank you very much for this mod!  Our moderator staff is very happy with the change -- it's so much easier to discuss reported posts in a regular forum thread, rather than in comments in the Moderation Center.

I thought we could work around this by using notification for new topics in the Reported Posts board.  But this doesn't work.  If I understand your code, it just calls createPost() and bypasses the code that handles notifications for regular posts -- so, no notifications.

It seems like the e-mailing code from ReportToModerator2() could be transplanted into your CustomReportToModerator2().  I was thinking of trying this myself, but I've got almost no experience with hacking PHP software.

Is this doable?

Thanks very much.

This ^ would be awesome. What I'm wondering, is if we could do this in the meantime by taking this code:
if ((isset($_POST[$context['session_var']]) || isset($_POST['submit'])) && empty($context['post_errors']) && !empty($modSettings['report_board']))
CustomReportToModerator2();

And asking it to ALSO call ReportToModerator2 (for notifications) as well as calling CustomReportToModerator2 for board postings.

Is there a quick fix that we could do that would use both functions?

Joker™

Quote from: sisterwolf on September 29, 2011, 06:36:51 PM
This ^ would be awesome. What I'm wondering, is if we could do this in the meantime by taking this code:
if ((isset($_POST[$context['session_var']]) || isset($_POST['submit'])) && empty($context['post_errors']) && !empty($modSettings['report_board']))
CustomReportToModerator2();

And asking it to ALSO call ReportToModerator2 (for notifications) as well as calling CustomReportToModerator2 for board postings.

Is there a quick fix that we could do that would use both functions?
Been busy with other projects right now. I'll try to see all my mods soon. Most of them needs some or other new features requested by users around here :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Thumbelina

Hi,

It would be great to have a limit on the number of reports a member can make. A bit like challenges in tennis, so if someone is constantly reporting stuff the Mods think is frivolous, then they use up their reports and cannot report any more for a while.

Joker™

Quote from: Thumbelina on October 08, 2011, 06:01:21 AM
Hi,

It would be great to have a limit on the number of reports a member can make. A bit like challenges in tennis, so if someone is constantly reporting stuff the Mods think is frivolous, then they use up their reports and cannot report any more for a while.
There was some sort of time limit between which a member can report again. As far as I remember it is 4 times the "Time required between posts from the same IP".

Even now you want some measures for such members, just issue them some warning using the inbuilt warning system of SMF.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Updated the mod to 1.4 RC1 (My first mod going in RC stage :P)

Just left with this feature. Right now I'm not having mail server on the notebook. In morning I'll try to make one and test the email thing also.

Quote from: live627 on June 07, 2011, 06:34:41 PM
Actually you can do that without meddling with a template edit. Have you ever used integrate_buffer? It's  a buffer hook callback of ob_start(). Use it to do a search and replace of the text field.
Sir, you would be happy to see the this version ;). Thanks for the advise.

Can I get some feedback on the new version? I hope it doesn't give to much of issues to you guys. Just bit worried about the hooks :P.

* Joker™ starts moving towards bed
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: