News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Embed BBCode

Started by nikan, June 02, 2011, 07:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HusaBob

Quote from: Arantor on April 16, 2013, 10:32:05 AM
Flash videos are not supported on iPhone/Mobile Safari...

So, all I'm trying to do is use the short YouTube link. This mod makes you use the <embed> tag. As I said, this makes it NOT appear on an iPhone Safari browser.

I can watch the normal long URL YouTube vids on the iPhone.

Arantor

Yes... because the embed tag forces it to use the Flash player which doesn't work on iPhones.

HusaBob

gotcha - thanks. So there's no way around this huh?

mcornetto

Is there a way to change the default sizes the embed tag comes up with?

akbora

I installed this mod but I can not where the post setting and no gif icon the post area
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Bandicoot

This is a great mod. I tried another one and it didn't work for me. This one is simple and effective.

The only problem I have found so far is, if you edit a post, the embed code stops working. It looks the same, but you don't get the video - only the raw code.

I noticed that when editing, the code highlights the embedded hyperlinks. So I unticked the SMF option to automatically parse URL's and now I can edit posts without losing the video itself.

Just wondering if that was the problem or if there could have been another reason? It's fixed, but if there is a simpler solution I would like to get back my URL parsing if possible.

nikan

Thanks for using my mod Cobber.
I tried both enabled and disabled URLs parsing but i can't reproduce this problem.

Bandicoot

Ah well, such is the fickleness of computers and software.

I will continue to use your mod though, as it does its job which is the main thing.

Zirkon

Hey Nikan any chance of being able to use this mod with www.imgur.com photo albums. They uses  iframe

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/albumserialnumberhere/embed"></iframe>

They look really nice when embedded in a post.
Thanks

sanax

Quote from: nikan on July 24, 2012, 04:35:49 AM
For iframe and legacy share of viddler videos

Find
elseif (preg_match(\'~embed.+src=(?:&quot;|[\\\'"])((?:http|https)://(?:www.)?(?:youtube|youtube-nocookie|dailymotion|vimeo|metacafe|megavideo|veoh).com/.*?)(?:&quot;|[\\\'"])~i\'.($context[\'utf8\'] ? \'u\' : \'\'), $data[0], $matches))
$data[0] = $matches[1];

Add bellow
elseif (preg_match(\'~(?:iframe|embed).+src=(?:&quot;|[\\\'"])//www.viddler.com/(?:embed|player)/([a-z0-9]+)/.+(?:&quot;|[\\\'"])~i\'.($context[\'utf8\'] ? \'u\' : \'\'), $data[0], $matches))
$data[0] = \'http://www.viddler.com/simple/\' . $matches[1];

I still can't get this mod to work to embed <iframe>

I'm using smf 2.0.5 - In which file will I find the above code?

Divine27

I love this mod, but can someone explain to me how to post vimeo videos? I've tried several times and just get the url or embed code to pop up. :( Also was wondering how to change the default size as well. Thanks. x

nikan

Enable flash on posts.

[ embed=640,480 ] or any values for width and height

Divine27

Got it! Thank you so much! :D

ivanTW

Hello Forum,

I just downloaded this mod and everything went well, but I don't see the embed button and I'm not sure how to get it to work. I downloaded it, uploaded and installed it and it said everything worked. I went into a new post and looked for an "embed button" but I don't see one.

I also went into post settings and enabled flash posts and made sure in the bbc code section that the embed tag was active, but I still don't see how to use it.

1. I tried just posting a youtube embed script in a post but that didn't do anything. I also tried writing [embed][/embed] tags around my youtube script and that didn't work either.

Is there anyone that knows what I am doing wrong?????

Thanks a BUNCH!!!  :)

nikan

What version of SMF you're using and which theme.
What youtube script you are inserting, post it here inside code tag.

If you have enabled flash in posts you should see the button, try cleaning smf cache.

The script should work if you type the embed tag by hand as all smf tags.
You see the youtube embed code or nothing at all?
If you see nothing just give dimensions in embed tag like [embed=400,300]youtube embed code[/embed]

ivanTW

nikan

Thanks for the reply,

I just converted to 2.0.7 SMF
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_o1E8K5WwWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is just a random video, but I assume I should use the embed code instead of the url? (I've tried using both.)

I attached the message I get when I use the embed tag you suggested ( [embed=400,300]youtube embed code[/embed] ). I am the owner and administrator of the forum so I should have all access, not sure what I need to change.

Currently NOTHING happens or I get the message that I attached below.

Thanks for your help.

nikan

I just tested your example code and i can see the video.
It must be a problem in your forum setup after the conversion.

ivanTW

QuoteI just tested your example code and i can see the video.
It must be a problem in your forum setup after the conversion.

What does the bbcode button look like? I'm not seeing it. I actually installed this mod in 2.0.6 and wasn't able to use the embed mod then, so I tried converting to 2.0.7 to see if that would work.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am using the NOVO theme by Diego Andres. I actually went to the SMF parser and looked in my php files to see the changes that the mod does and they are all there, any idea why the button is not showing or why I am getting the attached message?????

Other than installing the mod and making sure flash is allowed, are there any other needed admin changes?

nikan

So, you did an upgrade not convert your forum.

For different themes it only needs the image 'embed.gif' to be copied in Themes/YourThemeName/images/bbc folder.
There is an option at the installation to select in which theme will be installed.

Nothing else is needed.

Try the repair tool: http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=repair_settings.php

ivanTW

nikan!

It's solved NOW!!!

Thanks so much for your help and your replies. Much appreciated. I had to go through and deactivate flash and activate it again and that worked in my post settings and then the embed gif appeared as well.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Advertisement: