News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Embed BBCode

Started by nikan, June 02, 2011, 07:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikan

Link to Mod

Introduction
This mod allows you to insert media embed code from known websites without any hassle.
Just copy the embed code like <object ... , <embed ... , <iframe ... , short/long url youtube and paste it inside the embed tag and the media will be displayed in your post.

Features
* Creates a bbcode button that inserts streaming media in the post.
* If you uncheck 'Embed flash into posts' from 'Post Settings' you disable the embed as well.

Languages
english
english-utf8
greek
greek-utf8

History
2.0 - Fixed the regex for non http, https on dailymotion and vimeo urls
1.9 - Added wmode parameter to avoid video overlay
1.8 - Fixed the regex for non http, https on youtube url
1.7 - Added slashes on regex for special characters
1.6 - Minor fixes
1.5 - Added HTTPS and privacy-enhanced mode for youtube
1.4 - Added support for SMF 1.1.x
1.3 - Added security checks
      - Now accepts embed code only from: megavideo, metacafe, dailymotion, veoh, vimeo, youtube
1.2 - Reworked and added dailymotion iframe embed code
1.1 - Removed iframe code creation on post and replaced with embed code
      - Added old youtube link insertion
1.0 - Initial release

!RFAN

OCJ

Worked like a treat but when I tried to embed more than one in a single topic the iframe just enclosed a link to the main index page - cms portal page. I use SMF  embedded in Joomla, perhaps the problem is there.

domain.com/smf  displayed  domain.com/index.php

Useing embed once on a page was ok though.

Eudemon

i kinda like the idea using embed code instead of just the url like the other embed mod does

in reality we don't have to update the pattern when there is a code change and also url embed mod has limited patterns to the video sites

anyway i haven't test this mod yet, still upgrading my site, but doesn't this sorta give member the ability to use html in post?

Adam_Jack

i downloaded the MOD, but, how do i install it please ?
am using SMF_v2.0 RC5

nikan

Quotei kinda like the idea using embed code instead of just the url like the other embed mod does
There 're mods that don't even have a button to insert the url. Members aren't admins nor psychics to know about it.

Quotein reality we don't have to update the pattern when there is a code change and also url embed mod has limited patterns to the video sites
True.

Quoteanyway i haven't test this mod yet, still upgrading my site, but doesn't this sorta give member the ability to use html in post?
Doesn't flash button do the same?

Quotei downloaded the MOD, but, how do i install it please ?
am using SMF_v2.0 RC5
From Admin -> Package Manager -> Download Packages -> Upload a Package

blacktux

For some reason after I embed the code into a post, it just shows up on the post as plain text. It does not process the code. I have html and flash enabled on the forum.
I am using SMF version 2.0
I can PM you with a link if you want to see what I am referring too.

Update:
It works with Youtube but not Umapper (a custom map website).

nikan

The attachment mod includes the umapper embed code.
Thanks for using it.

k12onos

Will enabling flash really pose a security risk for the forum?

SMF seems to put much emphasize on how enabling flash will create security risks, and I surely don't want that :(

But, this mod is great, I tried different kinds of code including the "youtu.be" link and it still works :D that's why I want to keep it while still understanding the risks. :)

What is the worst thing people could do by exploiting the enabled flash?

k12onos

Anyone knows anything about this? any answer is much appreciated, thank you in advance :)

Tupsi

I am having problems getting this to work. It says that it has installed successfully, the .gif for the button is in the correct place, the changes in sub and sub-editor are all there, but still I neither see the new button in my editor nor are [embed] tags processed. Totally no clue why. I tested this on 2 different smf boards (both 2.0), one has already some extra stuff installed which maybe could cause a problem, but the other one is a completly vanilla install.

Anyone has an idea where I could log into to find the problem?

nikan

Quote from: Tupsi on August 22, 2011, 07:03:09 AM
I am having problems getting this to work. It says that it has installed successfully, the .gif for the button is in the correct place, the changes in sub and sub-editor are all there, but still I neither see the new button in my editor nor are [embed] tags processed. Totally no clue why. I tested this on 2 different smf boards (both 2.0), one has already some extra stuff installed which maybe could cause a problem, but the other one is a completly vanilla install.

Anyone has an idea where I could log into to find the problem?

You have unchecked 'Embed flash into posts' for 'Post Settings'. You must check it to enable both embedded flash and embedded code in to posts.

Tomy Tran

You should update file into mod site on Link to mod, or should notify members download new one on Topic support ;)

Tomy Tran

I did not have this mod successfully on my localhost smf 2.0.1. All other mod is OK, but this mod is successful installed, show button, added code [embed=425,349][/embed] in post (flash enabled) but when save it show as plant text and disappear your code. Any advice, author?

krash661

does this work for regular members and subscribers also?

krash661

Quote from: Tomy Tran © 2012 on October 03, 2011, 04:41:40 AM
I did not have this mod successfully on my localhost smf 2.0.1. All other mod is OK, but this mod is successful installed, show button, added code [embed=425,349][/embed] in post (flash enabled) but when save it show as plant text and disappear your code. Any advice, author?
yeah,im having the same problem. it does not work as a admin or member or subscriber.

5p00f3r

I installed the Mod and for some reason the Embed button its not showing..I had to Fix The Language file thats the only manual Mod i made.. any help?

nikan

Quote from: krash661 on October 18, 2011, 03:22:35 PM
Quote from: Tomy Tran © 2012 on October 03, 2011, 04:41:40 AM
yeah,im having the same problem. it does not work as a admin or member or subscriber.
Is your video embed code from megavideo, metacafe, dailymotion, veoh, vimeo, youtube?

Quote from: 5p00f3r on October 22, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
I installed the Mod and for some reason the Embed button its not showing..I had to Fix The Language file thats the only manual Mod i made.. any help?
Double check the installation.

Tomy Tran

From youtube. I had un-installed it then (sorry for bad news but it doesn't work).

Using SMF 2.0+, I can add youtube via flash button by change youtube url from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTA463bLJsw

to

http://www.youtube.com/v/iTA463bLJsw

(change = to / and remove watch?) and it work very good, not test other media channel.

nikan

You used the shorturl or the embed code of youtube video for this mod?

Advertisement: