News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Disabling Email Notifications by regular users

Started by TJ2011, June 02, 2011, 10:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ2011

I'd like to disable the email notifications by regular users on the forums. How can I do that?

twig/al

kat

It is.

Admin>Permissions.

Click the "Modify", beside the membergroup.

Scroll down to right near the bottom, where you'll see "Request notifications".

In that section, you can see "Request notification on replies" and "Request notification on new topics".

sAce

Do you still need assistance with this TJ2011 ??

TJ2011

Can users override this or is it permanent?

THanks,
TJ

Illori

it sounds like if that is unchecked and they dont have permission to watch a topic they can not override that like any other permission in the admin panel.

TJ2011

What I'm looking for is to disable their ability to email other users through the forum, so to not contact others via email to stop spam that is currently happening.

TJ2011

It it absolutely impossible to stop users from emailing each other through the forum?

Illori

Kermit

From what i understand,if you wouldn't give them permission send personal message and view profile summary,then they will not be able to see any mails,so they can't send no pms or mails anymore
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

TJ2011

I would like to allow them to continue to use PM system, but not to email users via the memberslist or for users to get the same email as they would private message. I've had a few users complain of advertising spam whereby the spammer simply accesses their email through the memberlist and spams them. I would like to stop this.

I noticed that I can activate email queue, however after activating that, the mails are automatically sent with the very next action I take, be it checking the forum, looking at the queue itself, or any action...automatically sends the emails. Is that what it is supposed to do?

Advertisement: