Aeva

Started by K33NY, June 03, 2011, 12:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Hello

I am sorry for all the topics but problems ARE on my site alot recently, I have stated before in a topic that I manually had to remove aeva media, it was working before but after changing theme, that and bad behavior mod crashed the site :S so i parsed the aeva media mod and uninstalled it step by step, but now, on my admin panel, Its showing its still active, I will show in an attachement, what do I do to remove it, OR reinstall it to work properly?

Thanks

K33NY

twig/al

You just need to uninstall it using the SMF Control panel...

K33NY

yes but then I get errors :S i will attach a picture of  that as well, but is it safe to uninstall?

twig/al

Excuse me if I have to explain things better... I has been a long day... I will explain it this way.. Any mod installed should be installed and installed using the Package Manager it the control panel... I never do anything to the database or server... That way if you do get an error you can get help a lot easier... Anything installed by the Package Manager should be safe, as it knows where all the code was changed and what needs to be changed back... Like I said I am tired and I hope this makes sense to you...

K33NY

yes it does, but the first problem occured when changinh theme, then tried to uninstall in admin panel, but I will try :) thanks :)

twig/al

One other thing, remember some of the things in the control panel have some things in different places that you may have to make a small change to, like just putting a check mark in a box or taking it out... You can also change themes in the control panel... You will get the hang of it pretty quick... I went through the same learning curve... Also the manual on the Wiki site is the best one to use, it goes into more detail...

twig/al

K33NY, did what we were talking about last night work? Just curious...

K33NY

I havent dared to go in admin panel for then to uninstall it, cus last time I uninstalled a mod the site crashed :S

but you think it is safe to uninstall there even if it shows the errors I posted in attachements`?

twig/al

I am not by no means an expert on this, but I can say that I have never had a problem using the Control Panel to handle anything. I think the only way it would fail is some of the files got deleted some other way... I can understand your being hesitant, with all the trouble you have had... Keep in mind that when 2.0 Final (gold) comes out, and you install it manually it will delete the mods anyway.. So it is working right now, and you have reservations, just leave it alone for now...

K33NY

ahh yes I saw something about that will be released soon, ok thanks, my decission is made! I will wait until that releases, then install the mods after :)

Thank you :)

NanoSector

Huh...

If you are seriously annoyed by this, hit that Uninstall button HARD! :P

There's nothing that can go wrong since the edits are not there anymore :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

K33NY

Yeah but now I am suddenly getting even more errors from that, mod, even if I did follow uninstall manully method like it said

attachement is there with errors

NanoSector

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 02:29:06 PM
Yeah but now I am suddenly getting even more errors from that, mod, even if I did follow uninstall manully method like it said

attachement is there with errors
If that is the Aeva uninstallation screen, just hit the button!

Oh, but make backups!!!!!!!! before doing that. Just to be on the safe side.
(you make backups by FTPing all of your forum's files to your computer, and backing up your database in phpMyAdmin)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

K33NY

is phpmy admin a program? cus I cant find it in directories :S

NanoSector

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 02:45:52 PM
is phpmy admin a program? cus I cant find it in directories :S
Do you have a cPanel?

If so, you can most likely find it there :)

K33NY

no I dont :( is this have to pay for programs? cus in that case im stuck xD

NanoSector

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 03:01:36 PM
Umm, can you PM me your cPanel details please, after you have read this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228940.0

IchBin™

If you have manually removed the edits made by Aeva and also removed all the files, you probably just need to remove the line in the installed.list file in the packages directory.  However, if you are getting errors related to aeva still, you probably did not remove the code properly, or missed something.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

K33NY

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 03, 2011, 03:05:15 PM
Umm, can you PM me your cPanel details please, after you have read this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228940.0

yes I could if it is the same as FTP login info?`

if it is MySQL login info it is the other guy who has it :(

NanoSector

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 03, 2011, 03:05:15 PM

yes I could if it is the same as FTP login info?`

if it is MySQL login info it is the other guy who has it :(
Just to be sure -- Do you have a control panel at all? You know, those things like Disk Usage, etc.

Nothing that looks like this?:

Advertisement: