restrictions of writing messages for new users

Started by Adrek, June 03, 2011, 04:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

Hi, i have problem with restrictions for new users. I want to set them rigts to write new posts or topics bute hide them untill moderator or admin accept it.

So i get to Administration Center » Configuration » Core Features, enabling "Post Moderation", save changes.
Next i go to Administration Center » Members » Permissions » Post Moderation, choose group named "New user" and i set this settings:
New Topics - Can create, but requires approval
Own Replies - Can create, but requires approval
Any Replies - Can create, but requires approval

After that, i login in to my test account (it is user with 0 posts, group "New user") and i write new post or topic.
This topic or post should be hidden, because admin or mod didn't accepted it yet. But it doesn't. Every user see his posts or topics. They dont need to be approved.

Tested on clean install of SMF 2.0 RC5

I hope that you understand what i mean..
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

kat

You DID check "Post new topics, but hide until approved"?

It's just below "Post topics and replies to the board only after they have been approved".

Illori

check if the regular member group can post topics normally as well. you may need to remove those permissions and only use the post count group settings, also check any permissions profiles you have.

Adrek

K@ - yes

Illori - yes, regular members can post without approval.
When i unchecked "Post new topics, without requiring approval" and "Post replies to topics, without requiring approval" everything works ;)

Thanks for help :)

But if i use different settings for any "post count based group" that Regular members group settings should'n be work...

at least that what i think it should be..
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Illori

they get both permissions from regular members and the post count groups, so they can conflict at times.

CapadY

Make sure to give just the minimum restrictions all members will have in the regular membergroup.
Extend the permissions in the postcount groups.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: