News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Multiple errors

Started by K33NY, June 03, 2011, 12:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Hello once again I am back :(

I just want to get rid of all my problems, delete all the mods and stuff and start from scratch again, dont know hom though, meanwhile I need help with something :S

I am getting multuple errors in my error log, about 2-4 each time I refrsh the page

i will post errors in an attachement, please help

K33NY

kat

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 12:43:11 PM
I just want to get rid of all my problems, delete all the mods and stuff and start from scratch again, dont know hom though

To do that, get the large upgrade archive, for the version of SMF that you're using, and simply upload all the files, except upgrade.php, to your site, overwriting what's there, now.

Your mods will still be in "Packages", too.

You'll just need to reapply them. :)

K33NY

THANK YOU! but it wont delete the database as in members registrated and forum boards? only take away all the mods?

kat

Members, posts and all that luvvly stuff's in the database, yes.

So, they'll all remain as-is. :)

You might have to fart around with any custom themes that you have, though.

K33NY

I am atm using the Skm Night theme nothing else, only thing I want to is have ALL errors gone icluding mods, themes deleted, just the plain main site with members registrated, and forum still there.

Then to start over with the mods and install them porperly this time as well as the theme,

I think what started all the errors is that when choosing theme I had mods installed in that theme as well, even if it wasnt compitable with it :S

So if I underastan right I download big package thingy, and overwrite the database with the content of it? and all errors, mods, themes will be gone? :)

kat

The theme will still be there. What you're about to do doesn't touch the database, at all.

You can always replace the theme with a virgin version, before you start installing mods, though.

Might even be best to delete the theme, before you do the other thing.

In fact, before you do ANYTHING, read my sig. (Just in case)

K33NY

yes I already have a backup installed, the only thing that worries me thoug is that IF the site would crash I dont have acces to MySQL to install the backup :( thats where my techie guys comes in, but he is gone cus he just became a father this morning.

kat

Worth waiting until he's in circulation, again?

Mind you, he ain't gonna get a lot of sleep, poor sod. ;)

K33NY

hmmm yeah maybe wait for him to be back ;) i just want mods to work properly and stop all the errors -.-

haha yeah he will be busy ;D

kat

As I said, though, this really doesn't affect the database, at all.

We ain't touchin' it, Guv!

eric1234

What is the different between a large upgrade and a small upgrade?

Illori

the number of files included in the archive, it is recommended to use the large upgrade package for any install that has mods installed on it.

kat

Basically, large upgrades overwrite almost every file, without touching Settings.php, which is crucial.

Smaller upgrades are only patches, really (Kinda).

eric1234

I see. So what is the small upgrade basically for?

kat

Illori

the small upgrade package is for those that do not have any mods installed, they will only get the files that had been changed since the last upgrade. both the large upgrade package and the small have the same files that had been edited just the large has more for those that have mods installed.

K33NY

uhm when moving all the fiiles from the large package to FTP FTPcrashes and wont upload all files :( now i need help again

kat

What FTP client are you using?

K33NY

kat

Tried Filezilla?

(Make sure "Transfer type" is set to "Binary", though).

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi K33NY, did you ever get this done ok? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: