News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Membership icons

Started by lukas24, June 04, 2011, 09:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas24

I have amended the star.gif to the name of the gif I want but it only shows an asterisk ( *)  any reason why?  I have uploaded the gif to all the image folders for my themesbut it wont show.

Is there any limitation on size?

Also I renamed my gif to star.gif and it showed but I was using a low quality gif so I uploaded and replaced the current star.gif with the better quality one but it wont sow the new one.

I started again and deleted all star.gif but now it still seems to pick the old default image and i cant see how as there are no longer any star.gif in any of the theme\image folders

thoughts?

kat

Did you upload the image with Filezilla?

If so, change the "transfer type" to binary and it should work.

Filezilla has a bug and it seems to affect graphics files the worst.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Also, make sure you wrote the names correclty, and remember that Star.gif, star.gif and star.GIF are all different files on some servers.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: