News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error when installing TP

Started by K33NY, June 03, 2011, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Hello yet again, I have just now done as some helpers said install the large upgrade package for SMF, I did and finally all mods uninstalled, so now when I wanted to install TinyPortal i get this message

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

We are running RC5 and the mod says its compitable with it

twig/al

Did you upload it with the Package Manager? I read in a thread that it doesn't always work correctly on uploads in the 2.0RC versions. The way I have always did it was to download the file to my computer, upload it into the Directory using FTP... Then install it with the Package Manager in the SMF Control Panel... Maybe an extra step in there, but it has always worked for me...

K33NY

I downloaded to PC firt then uploaded to SMF from admin panel there, maybe I should try the other way? :)

Night09

Does it show you the actual template or file it says has the error in it ? If it does try rename the file .bak and upload a fresh copy and see if the error persists or not. You can then narrow down the location the fault is coming from then.

twig/al

As I understand it, use one of the FTP Programs like Firezilla, make sure it is set to binary to upload.. It is the one my host recommended and it is free...

K33NY

yes this is where it says it fails

Execute Modification   SMF2/tinyportal200rc4.mod   Modification parse error

K33NY

I already have CoreFTP, but what is funny is:

I have now in the admin panel deleted ALL mods and uninstalled. site works fine as well as forum,

but inside FTP in /sources you still see the mods :S I will show in attachement named file1

why are they still there? :S

twig/al

Forget you saw them!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... ;D

K33NY

ok them I firgot but tinyportal gets error! thats what I need help with :S

How to install it, I tried downloading to PC, then install from admin panel, error comes
I tried download FROM admin panel and install, error comes, If I shall it in FTP shall I just copy files then?

Night09

Have you tried installing another mod and see if that works ? I know you uninstalled the ones you had but have you retested with anything recent to ensure this isnt a general issue rather than TP specific.

K33NY

I tried with Aeva media, and its working perfectly  :S

K33NY

no its not!!!  I just got this error!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ')' in /home/1/c/covno/www/Sources/Subs.php on line 4354

twig/al

First check to make sure the file folder you have the file in is unzipped, open your
ftp Program highlight all the unzipped file and copy them to your directory on the forum, it should ask if you want to overwrite the files in the directory tell it yes, that will overwrite any errors that maybe in one of the folders/files in the directory.

K33NY

do you mean in /packages folder, there Aeva is in a zip file I will show in attachement

twig/al

I always unzip the folder before I upload it, then into the main/root directory not one of the files. I maybe explaining it wrong. It needs to be unzipped before the upload.

twig/al

I have got to shutdown for a little bit and find some more memory for my  CPU I installed a new program today and don't have enough to run it and it freezes uo... Be back as soon as I can.

K33NY

ok sorry I might not understand im not english xD but if I understand righ u simply drag the content INSIDE the zuped folder, and straigh into the roof? wich will be /www/ folder, right? u have no ziped content inside /packages folder?

twig/al

K33NY, We are just losing things from my English to your Language... I will try again, the folder that downloads to your computer, has to be unzipped BEFORE uploading it to the server... When you upload it with a FTP Program, since you will be uploading unzipped file, will take some time as you sill be uploading more files... Uploaded files go into the directory where your forum files are located, not into a folder...

I think you do not understand that part, which is why you do not see any changes... If you don't understand this, I would suggest to find someone that can sit beside you and tell you every step to make... It will save you a lot of work... Plus you will both speak the same language and remove that problem.

Once the files are on the server, follow the instructions that come with whatever you uploaded...

I hope I have explained it so you understand..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Any updates to this? The error in the first message means that one or more of the file edits the mod is supposed to make, will fail if installed. How to go about it further, would depend on what edits exactly.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: