how to copy all files from 1 server to another without changing file permissions

Started by rishab555555, June 04, 2011, 07:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rishab555555

how to copy all files from one server to another without changing file permissions.I am trying to copy all my files in the html_public to the html_puclic of my new server but when i do this i find that the permissions have been changed , i want no change in permissions.

PLEASE HELP

agent47

You can't avoid this. It's the way the server has been configured. They do this in order to avoid security risks.

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

agent47 is right as far as I know, usually when you transfer files to a server using FTP, the permissions will be defaulted to something (the file owner will change, and you can't have files that have no owner or permissions set at all) and so you can not really keep permissions untouched if you move files from one server to another.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: