2.0 RC5 Modify Notification message

Started by dkeppner, June 04, 2011, 11:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkeppner

I'm running smf at a 911 center (intranet) but we do mesh with the outside world for the notifications (new procedures, modifications of operator positions, etc).  When a member receives a notification, there are the standard 2 links inserted into the message. 

What I want to do is remove the injection of the "View the reply..." and the "Unsubscribe..." text and links from the message, retaining only the notification and the text of the reply.

Where is the canned portions of this notification kept so I can modify it?  I've looked in Subs-Post with no luck.  While I know I'm risking some not-so-nice answers, can someone please tell me where to go?

Illori

dkeppner

Probably a bit more than I really need but after installing I do see the potential.  Thanks!

dkeppner

Well, I thought this would be the trick.  Unfortunately, it looks like a variable is not being set or I'm formatting it wrong.  {POSTERNAME} does not put the poster's name in the announcement.  I'm left with my original question - where are the canned portions of the messages kept and how are the variables applied/utilized/got?

Illori

dkeppner

Okay, I've hit the brick wall on this one.  What I want to do is to have the new_announcement section of EmailTemplates.english.php simply include the name of topic poster.  How can I include that name?  Here's what I thought would work however, I'm definitely doing something wrong:

'new_announcement' => array(
/*
@additional_params: new_announcement
TOPICSUBJECT: The subject of the topic being announced.
MESSAGE: The message body of the first post of the announced topic.
TOPICLINK: A link to the topic being announced.
@description:

*/
'subject' => 'New announcement: {TOPICSUBJECT}',
'body' => '{MESSAGE}

{POSTERNAME}',
),

The EmailTemplate editor mod doesn't work for this either.  I know its something simple I'm missing, I just don't know what or where.  Help!

Advertisement: