News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Users online: Problem only shows me online!

Started by Fatman™, June 04, 2011, 05:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatman™

The problem is this, in the Users Online hook, it only displays me online when there is about 100 members online as well.

Can anyone suggest what could be the problem, this is what I've tried to fix it.

Check database for any corrupt or crashed tables.
Checked member group permissions to make sure the member groups are allowed in the Users online.
Un-installed all modifications including Simple portal.
User online threshold is set to 0, tried 1, 2 and 3.

Any other ideas?

MC73

I had this problem with my site, which at the time was 2.0 rc4 --- now that it is rc5, it still shows some of the members not online, even though they are online also .... my site is just a play toy of a site for me, so i just never complained about it.

I did the same things, i uninstalled everything and nothing helped , it worked fine with rc3 though ...
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Fatman™

That is quite strange because it has worked fine with SMF RC 5 for a while, I'll just wait until there is a fix or a patch released.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do you have any errors in your error log? Any mods installed? Custom themes?

This really is unlikely to be a problem in SMF, as otherwise we'd have heard of this multiple times already.
Do note this site is running 2.0, and I've been running 2.0 through multiple RC versions without seeing this issue.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: