Images in Signature

Started by Gatlin1, June 05, 2011, 12:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

Anyone know if there is a way to disallow images in a signature while still allowing text and links?

2.0rc5

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

sawz

if you look in Features and Options in the admin panel there is a Signature set up.

disallow img tags.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

ARG01

Yea I am aware of that option and tried that yesterday but it doesn't seem to work. I guess i should have explained that in my op. I was just wondering if there was a file edit that I can do to disallow images in sigs.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

sawz

if your an admin, you'll be able to place anything in your signature regardless of settings. as a normal user, if the img tag is disabled images will not be allowed.

as for a file edit, not that i'm aware of.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

ARG01

Quote from: sawz on June 05, 2011, 06:14:10 PM
if your an admin, you'll be able to place anything in your signature regardless of settings. as a normal user, if the img tag is disabled images will not be allowed.

as for a file edit, not that i'm aware of.

As stated, I am aware of the [img] tag settings but for some reason they are not working for me?

Anyone else?

;)

Illori

in what way are they not working for you? some more details and maybe we can help ;)

Sir Osis of Liver

Works for me in IE8.  Non-admin gets a warning that img tags are not allowed.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ARG01

Quote from: Illori on June 05, 2011, 09:17:54 PM
in what way are they not working for you? some more details and maybe we can help ;)

I can deselect the use of the img tag in the Signature settings but it still allows images to be used in signatures, even under non-admin accounts. I have not tried them all but I get the same results when unchecking the b, hr, list, url, etc. tags. In other words, the bbc tag options don't seem to be functioning correctly in my Signature settings.

@ Krash: I have tried with FF 4.1, IE8 and Chrome with the same results.

This is not really a big deal I guess. I suppose that I can just come up with some sort of script to handle the situation.

Thanx for the help.  ;)

kat

Put up a notice, forbidding images in sigs.

Warn/ban as required. ;)

Sir Osis of Liver

Could it be a caching problem?  Have you tried clearing cache/cookies, or disabling SMF cache in Admin?  My RC5 install is basically out-of-the-box, so it's running default settings.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: