Poll problem

Started by willemjan, June 06, 2011, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quite obvious now actually. Voting through the portal, it accepts the vote - and redirects you to the actual topic, to vote again.
The first vote is not counted in the total, the second is. You can now see there are 3 votes, with 2 total.

EDIT:
I still think I'll want to test this on a fresh 2.0 with and without the portal, and I will - to make sure that's the cause.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

willemjan

So its an portal bug, huh? Its odd that no-one else has had this problem... I guess I'll open up an topic @ simple portal.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It probably is a portal bug - I still won't say for sure, no harm in asking them about it though. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

willemjan

Thanks for this fast support! I think your doing an great job as lead support team ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You're welcome - And thank you :)

Do let us know if you or the SP people come up with something new relating to this,
and I will be testing this further tomorrow or the day after, and will let you know if I find out something new.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

willemjan

Yes, I'll give you guys an heads-up. Thanks!

willemjan

Got an reply from Sinan:
Quote from: [SiNaN]
SimplePortal uses the ssi_showPoll() and ssi_pollVote() functions in SSI.php which are default SMF functions. Someone probably fixed an issue with guest vote handling and forgot to update the functions in SSI.php. So it's a bug with SMF and not SimplePortal. I may consider fixing this in SP poll block though.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ok, then we probably should start hunting for the exact bug next...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

bobybc

any movements there?
i just found the same bug in my SMF2.0.1, which doesn't have portal
there are wrong votes count on almost all polls

i didn't find anything related to the bug in the forum and change notes too. do you consider fix this?

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issue, this thread belongs to someone else and please dont bump old threads.

willemjan

I actually don't mind that this thread was opened again. I am still waiting for an solution for this problem.

Illori

but the support team does care, we want each user to have a separate thread as there is no guarantee they have the same issue. and we cant determine if they get their issue solved if they post in someone elses thread.

Advertisement: