News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

!HELP! Forum messed up after mod install

Started by devoetbalkantine, June 06, 2011, 08:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoetbalkantine

Hey guys,

I am in need of serious help. Our forum, www.devoetbalkantine.nl is messed up after (what I am thinking) the failed installation of a modification. I tried everything. There is no backup and I feel really crap about that.

For some reason the website looks like it is missing the language pack and the theme but I don't know how to fix this and I don't want to mess up and lose any data.

Can anyone please help me? 2.0 RC3 is the version of our forum. I am really desperate for help. If necessary I don't mind someone accessing our server to help fix this.

MC73

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.

I noticed that at the bottom of the home page.

... what mod did you try to load ? Have you tried using to SMF Default theme ?
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

devoetbalkantine

I cannot access the admin area on the forum. It's completely blank. I hope any SMF expert is able to help me with this

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

devoetbalkantine

No. I cannot see any options, I cannot click anywhere. It's not possible for me to even get to the admin area

mashby

Hmm...while what I see isn't ideal, I can notice two text boxes, a box with a 60 in it and a check box after that (for keep me logged in forever). What were the steps that led to your site being like this? Seems like you are experiencing theme issues creating bad displays at the moment.
- James M. Barrie

devoetbalkantine

That's what I was thinking. Is this easily fixable by repairing a theme? And if so, how can I do that?

mashby

I assume you can connect to your site via FTP. Can you go see if there is a folder like this?
/forum/Themes/classic
or list the folders in:
/forum/Themes/
- James M. Barrie

devoetbalkantine

mashby

OK, what is in:
/forum/Themes/classic

Also, mind providing a screen shot of this page?
http://www.devoetbalkantine.nl/forum/index.php?action=admin
It looks like you have restored some functionality.
:)
- James M. Barrie

devoetbalkantine

Well, I can access the admin area now again. I decided to replace some files in the Sources folder with files from a new SMF installation. Just have to install a theme and it should be working. I hope I found the issue now.

devoetbalkantine

Finally got it working. Language pack and theme re-installed. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement: