News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to get google ads on the top of my forum.

Started by Pip332, June 08, 2011, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pip332

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew which file and where in the file to add my google ads to get them to the top of the forum, below the home but above the board you're in, like it is on this forum and also at the bottom.

I've used the search feature but can't find anything there related.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Pip332

Yeah, I just had it installed.
It has quite a few glitches in it I think it'd be better if I just added the my ads to the the themes myself.

Illori

then you would need to look into editing your index.template.php file for your theme. you might find a tip/trick on this in the tips and tricks board, otherwise most people use one of the ad management type mods to get their ads to show up.

Pip332

Ok, I'll look into editing them now but I'll leave this open for anyone who knows exactly what file to edit and where, Thank you.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What to edit and where, depends on where exactly do you want your ads to show, and what type of ads are you looking at adding.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: