News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Attachment Integirty Check on 86,000 attachments!!!

Started by R-one, June 09, 2011, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R-one

so i stupidly stuffed up my database.
thats fine. i had a recent backup.
so i reinstalled SMF and my mods. all is good. added my attachment paths one by one in 'multiple attachment paths' or whatever its called. all 12 folders.

Only the first folder gave an OK status.
the rest would register the file size but would give a status of 'Unused'.
Ok.
I've had this in the past. Attachment Intergity Check will work well for this.
Only in the past I didnt have 86 THOUSAND attached images to fix.

so ut's been running for around 15 minutes now and is still showing 1% on the progress bar.
I checked processes on my ubuntu VPS.. and yes.. MYSQL is using 100% CPU. So it's defs doing SOMETHING....

My question is... has anyone gone thru this? and if so.. how long until I at least see it progress past 1%?
how long in total?
the attachments are spanned across countless threads and by thousands of members...

thanks in advance for the feedback.

R-one

40 mins.. and still 1% progress and 100% MYSQL process CPU usage.

on a solid Linode.com high end VPS

sigh

R-one

for reference purpose..

the issue was that upon reloading my forum.. i had lost all my attachment directories (i use multiple)

I grabbed the mysql data for attachmentUploadDir in smf_settings... and copy-pasted it back in to the same field in the new database.

god knows why it didn't retain this info

most likely something to do with the fact i used repair_settings.php and it returned it to a straight up /var/www/attachments only setting.

if this makes sense for anyone I hope I save you the headache I had.

pce.

Arantor

Yeah, repair_settings.php is long since known not to support multiple attachment folders.

Advertisement: