SMF 1.1.14 has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Simple Machines announces the release of SMF 1.1.14, addressing a vulnerability found in SMF 1.1.13 allowing display name spoofing as well as fixing a MySQL 5.5 compatibility issue. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade as soon as possible.

Upgrade automatically by visiting your Administration Center, where a notice will be displayed prompting you to upgrade. Click the link, confirm the changes and your forum will be up to date again. Additionally, you can upgrade using the package manager by downloading the SMF 1.1.13 to SMF 1.1.14 upgrade package from Package Manger Updates section, uploading it to the Package Manager, and applying it as prompted. For help with this refer to the Package Manager section of the Online Manual.

If you cannot upgrade using the package manager, please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing and upgrading.

It may be necessary to apply the upgrade manually if mod conflicts mean that you cannot install the patch through the package manager. Instructions for doing this can be found on manual upgrades page for SMF 1.1.13.

SMF 1.0.x branch is not affected by this issue. So, for those still using the SMF 1.0.x branch, no change is necessary.

Please note:
As of today, 1.1.14 is no longer the stable branch of SMF, as SMF 2.0 is being released as we speak. 1.1.14 will remain in maintenance stage, and it will continue to be supported for security and major/critical functionality fixes, only it will not receive new features, nor minor bug fixes or improvements.

Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum Team
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Looking

Thanks for clearing those things up.

sharks

Finally! Thank you! Although i have to say i'm disappointed with "it will not receive new features, nor minor bug fixes or improvements."
SMF 1.1.14 currently has 15 known bugs according to the bug tracker: http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/my_view_page.php (select 1.1 from the list).
Now that 2.0 is out, i really hope that the devs will find a little time to completely fix the 1.1.x branch, even if it's one bug per week/month.

Burridge

Thank you very much for clearing things up. Nice to know it'll be supported even though 2.0 Gold is now released. (I have some friends who still use, and enjoy using the 1.1.x branch).

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Tweak

Thanks to all the team! Installed without a problem through the package manager (as usual!)

Vala

Yay For both 1.1.14 and 2.0 GOLD!!!!!!

Fussilet

Jntg4

Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Good work team. :) Specially the devs.

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

FataMorgana

Unfortunately I cannot simply convert my forums to 2.0 because of the use of Tiny Portal.
My skins will be gone and I don't want do that.

Thanks supporting the safety of 1.1.x!

Hope it will work till the end of times.  ;D
Groet, Greetings, John

Fata Morgana Forum

Antechinus

Tiny Portal is available for 2.0, as are several other portals.

1.1.x will probably be supported for at least another year, but not until the end of time.

Kindred

sharks,

why would the devs work on the 1.1.x series any more (other than security issues)? 2.0 is now the official, stable branch.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KVL

Hi,

Updated is successfully!  :) Thank you very much for your job! :)

aw06

This is the first my Package manager did not pick up an update .. maybe i needed to wait a little longer .. installed manually without issues..

Thanks SMF
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Robert.

Congrats team ;D Thanks for the update and nice work :)

miDnIghtEr20C

is there a thread that shows you how to go from 1.1.14 to the new 2.0?  i was able to upgrade from 1.1.13 to 1.1.14 through my package manger, and hoping it will be that easy to go to 2.0 from 1.1.14.... anyhoo..thanks for the direction.

Kindred

Read the wiki. There are instructions for upgrading in the index.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: