News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 gold OR simpleportal removed my copyright

Started by Chair, June 11, 2011, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chair

I upgraded to 2.0 gold and activated simpleportal (which works with 2.0 as far as I've tested) and now I'm getting the copyright removal warning not only on the front page but on the forums as well... I'd love some support. :)

Arantor

Yuo haven't upgraded all the files - 2.0 gold no longer performs the copyright check.

Chair

I did the full upgrade... I've managed to remember more information about the issue off the top of my head, it worked on my old theme (i.e. it displayed SMF 2.0) but when I added a new theme, it messed up the copyright. The original theme was MysticJade, the new theme is Inferno. Both are modified quite extensively but I haven't really touched the footers. Might there be a fix for this? Gonna look in the default index.template quick

Arantor

If you're getting the copyright removal warning YOU HAVE OLD CODE. That's it, there's no way around it. The code that is the copyright warning DOES NOT EXIST in 2.0.

Chair

So you're telling me the upgrade process didn't work? :| I don't mind it performing a check i just don;t want the message showing up...

Arantor

-sigh- Yes, that's exactly it. Check Subs.php's version.

Norv

Please try to make sure that you have uploaded on your server ALL files in the upgrade package. Sometimes FTP clients may drop files and it may not be immediately obvious that not all files were replaced.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Chair

I understand offering support can be a gruesomely tiring process, Once Upon A Star, and I do sympathize for you and offer my utmost respect in that regard, but you must understand, the only knowledge of SMF's back-end that I have is literally modifying themes. I do apologize for being a pest, but I feel your replies were directed at me as if I am hebetudinous, and I feel slightly offended in that regard. I'm not going to take this discussion any further than that and as I said I do respect your work, so I'm going to let it pass. Thanks for the information though, knowing what file is causing issue was all I needed to know.

@Norv I extracted the files on my webserver and used the upgrade utility to upgrade. SimplePortal restored the original subs.php from the backup it creates if you uninstall it and install it again. (At least, that's my guess of what happened) the situation has been rectified now.

Arantor

No, it's simply that I had to say basically the same thing three times... still, it's not really an issue now, I can ask for my account to be removed seeing how the team have released SMF 2.0 and I have no longer any reason to be here.

Chair

How would information like that help the average SMF user? doesn't seem logical that running a 2.0 upgrade on a forum that is already 2.0 would work. You have to think like the average end user sometimes, don't be so snobby

Advertisement: