Database problem

Started by twig/al, June 11, 2011, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twig/al

When I first installed SMF  I installed 1.12 and kept it updated, Then went to 2.0RC4 then to2.0RC5... I was working on my database, a storm came through and took out power, internet and everything.. When I got everything back on I logged back on but my website is down, nort because of the storm, when everything went dead it apparently deleted some of the database, Good news is I have a backup from the server itself and the backup from SMF, bad news is it won't let me either upload the backup or reinstall the database. trying to do the backup it gives me an error because the backup is based on 2.0 and it was created with 1.1+. If I try to the large upgrade using 2.0RC5 it won't reinstall the database because of the old data... There is a third option, I did a backup on the server the database is on, all the files are in it, but I don't know how to move them from the backup into the main list... I am dealing with phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.1 and I can't find anything that will tell me how to do it. I called support, but the person on duty knew less than I did! Can anyone tell me what to do?

Advertisement: