News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eudemon

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hooooraayyy!!! Great job team! :)

* (F.L.A.M.E.R) stops biting his nails now...:P

Iomega0318

Awesome, glad to see it's out.
Great job.
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

vbgamer45

Congrats to all for all the work done! Now time to update some sites and mods!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Matthew K.

Definitely. Thank you very much to all developers who contributed countless hours of work to the development of SMF, to bring the community SMF 2.0.

Congratulations!
Quote from: Kindred on June 11, 2011, 08:08:52 PM
Yes...  a huge thanks to our devs, who put in a lot of effort for this release. Onward and Upward!

MoreBloodWine

Not askin for support but am curious if those of us who use RC5 will be able to go to 2.0 gold via out sites admin panel like we can with bug patches.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on June 11, 2011, 08:44:27 PM
Not askin for support but am curious if those of us who use RC5 will be able to go to 2.0 gold via out sites admin panel like we can with bug patches.
You will have to use large upgrade package in order to perform the upgrade. The patches as we do for 1.1.x series are mainly for stable releases. The further updates for the 2.0.x branch or 2.x branch whichever is decided by the developers will be patches which can be used within the package manager to update. SMF 2.0 RC5 -> SMF 2.0 GOLD will be only via large upgrade. :)

MoreBloodWine

So that means wiping out all my custom stuff then right ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, we had a statement in red saying "This version of SMF is in development! Please do not use it on a production website!". It has been like this since the Beta release of SMF 2.0. A few patches were released considering the circumstances, however, that will not be the case with this one.

Your custom code will be gone, but the entries in the database should still be there. So, that should get you back rolling as soon as you place the custom codes are back into the files. ;)

-=[Vyorel]=-

Stupid question: What it's BSD?
My mods for SMF - [6].

MoreBloodWine

I dont have alot of custom coding done, it's stuff thats easy to re edit, I just dont want to if I dont have to but ty for answering ;-)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

It is a type of license which is used for the Simple Machines Forum project 2.0: http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php (It may not be 100% updated as of now, but that should give you a general idea.)

MoreBloodWine,
No worries. :)

Rioux

Rioux
Forum SMF 2.0.9

Eudemon

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on June 11, 2011, 08:46:56 PM
SMF 2.0 RC5 -> SMF 2.0 GOLD will be only via large upgrade. :)

but in the download page it says under small package
"Using SMF 2.0 RC5? This small package will get you up to speed."

SebaS

Illori

the small upgrade package is only for those that do not have any mods installed.

-=[Vyorel]=-

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on June 11, 2011, 08:57:46 PM
It is a type of license which is used for the Simple Machines Forum project 2.0: http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php (It may not be 100% updated as of now, but that should give you a general idea.)

MoreBloodWine,
No worries. :)
Thanks for reply.
My mods for SMF - [6].

Darkness_Black

Translator - Brazilian

Não respondo MP de ajuda, Poste sua duvida no forum!!! Se alguém te Ajudou Agradeça!!!

Eudemon

Quote from: Illori on June 11, 2011, 09:03:36 PM
the small upgrade package is only for those that do not have any mods installed.

i thought the small package overrides files that have been changed by mods also
thx for the comment tho

Advertisement: