News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

b4pjoe

Quote from: CaptainDEEZ on June 18, 2011, 06:03:39 PM
So if I'm running 1.1.11, which is the best upgrade I can do?

1.1.14 or 2.0?

and if I choose 2.0, how many things won't get transferred to the new format?

All mods and themes will no longer work after updating to 2.0 unless there are 2.0 compatible versions of them which you would need to install.

Illori

you can use either version, both are equally stable at this point. the only thing you might loose are mods that are not updated to 2.0 and themes that are not updated to 2.0.

Alex' Manson

everything will get transferred to 2.0 , only modifications you made will be removed.
i personally recommend 2.0

firstforum

Such an Awesome news..

well done !!!

Perfektionist

Eleglin

No support by PM or Mail.

Oldiesmann

1.1.14 or 2.0?

2.0 has more features, so I highly recommend you upgrade to that. All posts, attachments, users, etc. will be left alone. You will have to reinstall any mods and custom themes after the upgrade (though 1.1.x themes will not work with 2.0).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

RenzoC

Hello, first of all thanks to the team for the big effort they are doing.
Next, I am experiencing a problem, in upgrading from 1.1.12 to 2.0.
I have followed (I think carefully) the instructions, but when I try to run the upgrade I get the message
"Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'"
Have I missed something?
Please, help....

arthorg

So, does the new licence means that it will finally be possible to have official bridges for mediawiki/wordpress/drupal ?

Illori

Quote from: RenzoC on June 20, 2011, 08:02:20 AM
Hello, first of all thanks to the team for the big effort they are doing.
Next, I am experiencing a problem, in upgrading from 1.1.12 to 2.0.
I have followed (I think carefully) the instructions, but when I try to run the upgrade I get the message
"Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'"
Have I missed something?
Please, help....

please do not use this thread for support, also be sure to follow all steps in the upgrade process Upgrading SMF

Norv

Quote from: arthorg on June 20, 2011, 08:08:36 AM
So, does the new licence means that it will finally be possible to have official bridges for mediawiki/wordpress/drupal ?

I need to verify every software license by itself and eventually contact and collaborate with them, but the short answer is: SMF 2.0 is open source software today, in OSI sense, with a permissive license, BSD-family, which is GPL-compatible.
So yes, there are far more possibilities to bridge with other open source software, than it used to be under the old proprietary license.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

GravuTrad

On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Norv

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 20, 2011, 12:07:50 PM
Same thing for joomla?

I'm not sure yet what and how can be done, for joomla's particular case. You may want to see a little brainstorming start here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=438756.0
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Forbs

gisfreak

my second post here

upgrade from my 1.1.14 to 2.0 this morning and all went smooth, nice

thanx again for all developer
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

CaptainDEEZ

Quote from: b4pjoe on June 18, 2011, 07:01:05 PM

1.1.14 or 2.0?

All mods and themes will no longer work after updating to 2.0 unless there are 2.0 compatible versions of them which you would need to install.

Will the pretty URLs mod still work with 2.0?
That's the only one I really care stays.  I can find better ones for the rest.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Wah... I am so late. But congratulations to SMF Team... I will give sometimes later to review all my mods for the latest 2.0.

MarkRH

Just wanted to say congrats to the devs that put in all the work. My 1.1.14 board is so customized that it might be some time (if ever) that I move it to 2.0.  I have a suspicion that every mod I have will not be compatible; although, some may no longer be needed.

What I may do is create a completely new installation under a different sub-domain in its own folder and get it to where I want it. Once everything is working, point the original forum sub-domain to the new folder.

It's probably answered somewhere but is there a post and user import feature where I can point it to my separate 1.1.14 board install if I do this (this should probably be a new thread)?
Mark H.

Kindred

Mark --   no...   there is no "import"

As with all other major upgrades, you overwrite the 1.1.14 files and run upgrade.php on your 1.1.14 installation to update to 2.0. There are ways to do similar to what you are asking, but you are correct, that would be a new support thread.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: