News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkRH

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2011, 03:55:00 PM
Mark --   no...   there is no "import"

As with all other major upgrades, you overwrite the 1.1.14 files and run upgrade.php on your 1.1.14 installation to update to 2.0. There are ways to do similar to what you are asking, but you are correct, that would be a new support thread.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not installing 2.0 on top of my active 1.1.14 installation. That's just asking for trouble LOL.  Now, I may copy the whole 1.1.14 forum into a new location, copying the database as well, and then upgrade that forum just to see what a mess, if any, is created by doing that method. Anyway, if I have any more questions I'll make a new thread.
Mark H.

Ashley S

Nice to see you guys updating.

RvG

Sorans

Yay~ I'm upgrading to it tonight <3

Perspective

Unfortunatelly.. I've got an error. Opened a new theread for it, but seems none answered: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439434.msg3086149#msg3086149

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

We usually ask that you allow up to 24 hours for a reply, before bumping... If no one answers in that time, feel free to post again to "bump" the topic. We try our best to answe all topics, but a weekend combined with a recent version release can cause delays...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

_Ziggy_

Congratulations team!!!!

I have updated 5 forums without any problems...

8)
Bluesforum.com   2.0                     Bluesforum.nl   2.0
Rockabilly-forum.com   2.0              Bluesharp.nl   2.0
Bungalowpark-forum.nl   2.0        Eee pad forum   2.01
Cristiano Ronaldo   2.02              Lockout Tagout   2.02

Looking to buy existing forums, send pm.

MarkRH

Just thought I'd mention that I successfully upgraded a copy of my 1.1.14 forum to 2.0. Thanks to the developers for writing such a robust upgrade script.

Now the really hard part comes in.  There's a few mods, like the Color & BGColor Bar that will not install on 2.0 Final. Seems 2.0 went really heavy on the JavaScript.  Who knows how much work getting my own customizations back in will be as much of it had to do with the post editor. Since my main forum is still running 1.1.14 and functional, I can take my time. :)
Mark H.

alkisg

Quote from: Norv on June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
As of now, SMF is licensed under the BSD License.

Finally! Thanks a lot for that, I hope the community pays you back.

ZerK

Nice Work !
i ll be upgrading soon !

Jessica.

Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Ciler

Congratulations SMF developers! Just did the upgrade from RC5 to this final Release without any problems. I started with SMF at version 1.1.11! Then I started to upgrade to 2.0 RC4 and after this Release I did all the upgrades to this final Release! Also thanks to the people who suported me with mods after the upgrades.

What is the planning in future with SMF? Is this stable finish the last station or is the team going to work at further Releases in future?

Thanks keep up tha good work! ;)

Illori

2.0 is the stable final release of the 2.0 branch, although there maybe security releases in the future. the team will be working on the next version smf sometime in the future.

KINGRPG

anyone have officially preview or review?

Kindred

this site is running 2.0...  as are dozens of others at this point (for a preview)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

moderators note: I have split off the security reports discussion to a different thread, in the 2.0 support area.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

青山 素子

Quote from: Pegasys on June 18, 2011, 01:14:49 PM
Not your worry. I understand you can't support modifications or even packaged mods. But a documented list of the code changes would have been nice. I will still manually update... by comparing files and updating code as required... and manually making any database changes found in the install script. Same method I used bouncing from one RC to the next.

Simple procedure:

• Download 2.0 RC5
  • Download 2.0
  • Extract both into their own directory
  • Run "diff -ur" between the RC5 and 2.0 directories (For those who are scared of typing, tools like Meld and WinMerge work as well)
  • View unified diff of all changes

It's not hard to do...
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

MellowMarcello

When will they have the Babylon theme fully ready for the SMF 2.0 Final version? 

That was the previous default theme for SMF.  I really liked that, much better than the new Curve default theme which seems some SMF/phpbb hybrid in appearance due to the less sharp "watercolor" look.

Illori

babylon is not included in the 2.0 release. if it will be updated it should appear on the theme site i believe.

popovicidinu

Great work! Upgrading soon. Hopefully all goes right. ;)

Advertisement: