News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrading 1.14 to 2.0 error: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'

Started by Trenchwork, June 12, 2011, 09:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trenchwork

Hi, folks--
I could use a hand, I'm afraid.  I'm upgrading from the last 1.x (1.14) to 2.0 using the Large Update package.  I unzipped and uploaded the files, and ran upgrade.php.

It goes through everything fine, then after the backup and database change steps have been made, stops at a white screen with this error message:

: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
my-forum-path/Sources/Load.php

I've tried starting from scratch and keep coming back to the same issue.  There are no modifications other than a few cosmetics (i.e., a banner). 

I'm guessing I need to change one file, but am clueless about where.  I've tried searching the boards and can't see a clear answer.

Can anyone help?

Illori

Trenchwork

Illori

sounds like the script did not complete correctly, can you try running it again? upload that file and the upgrade sql files to your server and try again? i have done the same upgrade [1.1.13 to 2.0] with no problems yesterday.

Trenchwork

I've actually done that . . . twice.  But I'm willing to try it one more time while you all brainstorm other solutions.   ;)

Trenchwork

Trenchwork

Ok, folks, I've marked this one as solved, thanks to some invaluable help from another member.

However, language issues ARE a problem, and that will need to be addressed at some point.  While I don't know why the error was occurring, I do  know there was a hiccup with the language, and it may be that those of us who use other languages are catching an unexpected bug here.  I've manually uploaded the different language packs required by the membership, and the utf8 English so they have their choice again, but can't do much about the Norwegian characters in previous posts which are now replaced with gibberish.  I can manually edit the important pages/posts to fix that, but I'm guessing this is an issue which won't be eliminated until the languages are incorporated into the install/upgrade . . .

Advertisement: