News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Profile field help needed

Started by EstwingMan, June 12, 2011, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EstwingMan

Hi folks, great to be here.  I can't believe I just found out about SMF software (been unhappily running a couple boards using phpbb). I'm setting up another board using SMF and in less than a weeks time, I'm loving this software.

Anyway, on to my question:

My board involves building contractors so I've enabled the "Choose a custom title for themselves" option. 

What I want to do is modify the field titles in Forum » Profile of » Forum Profile » Modify Profile. Namely, the "Custom Title" label.  I'd like to change it to read "Business Name" or something like that.

I've been searching for days now, but all the answers are from like 2007, I've opened up so many .php template files but haven't found anything. I know it can be done because even when I view the "page source" when I'm at the "modify profile" area, I can see the <strong>Custom Title</strong> html code

Thank you in advance
Steve

Here is a screen shot of what I'd like to change in case I've been unclear:

EDIT: sorry, the image posted twice

Mick.

Open:
Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php

Find:
$txt['custom_title'] = 'Custom Title';

Replace with:
$txt['custom_title'] = 'Business Name';

Then go to admin area and empty the file cache...

Administration Center » Forum Maintenance » Routine

EstwingMan

Thank you so so much.  I know how to edit them, I just for the life of me never thought to look in the languages folder  ::)

Again, thank you so much for your fast response.  In the past, the phpbb forum never even approved my posts. 

Hello SMF, Goodbye phpbb!

Mick.

Your most welcome ;)

Its for security since you have 2 posts, you know in case of spam?   A few more posts and you should be good ;)

Advertisement: