News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Having difficulty to upload old mods.

Started by eric1234, June 12, 2011, 03:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric1234

Hi,
   After upgraded to 2.0 gold version, i was having difficulty to install those mods that compatible with older version of SMF. Although using version emulation to the right version of SMF, whenever i wanna install the mods it still state " The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "  :'(

Dzonny

Hello there.

Do you have Packages directory open for writing? Do you have "temp" folder in it with chmod 755/777?

Anything in your error log?
Is that problem with all mods or just with some of them?

Regards.

eric1234

What is this? Do you have Packages directory open for writing? Do you have "temp" folder in it with chmod 755/777? O.O

Only some of the mods  >.<

Dzonny

Hello again.

When you connenct to ftp server, check if you have directories "temp" and "backups" in folder "Packages". Also if you have it, try to change its chmod to 755 or 777 and try to install mod again.

Spoogs

Quote from: eric1234 on June 12, 2011, 03:27:35 PM
Hi,
   After upgraded to 2.0 gold version, i was having difficulty to install those mods that compatible with older version of SMF. Although using version emulation to the right version of SMF, whenever i wanna install the mods it still state " The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "  :'(
Clear your browser cache/cookies and try again

eric1234

Okay. Erm, 1 of the mods that called "Custom Copyright" are not working. Its function was to add a custom copyright at the bottom of the forum without removing the SMF copyright. However, after i add in my own custom copyright through the mods, my copyright did not show at the bottom of the forum. :(

Spoogs

Quote from: eric1234 on June 12, 2011, 03:55:43 PM
Okay. Erm, 1 of the mods that called "Custom Copyright" are not working. Its function was to add a custom copyright at the bottom of the forum without removing the SMF copyright. However, after i add in my own custom copyright through the mods, my copyright did not show at the bottom of the forum. :(
Report that in the mod's support topic

Advertisement: