[TIP/TRICK] Adding Twitter and Facebook "Share/Like" Button To Posts

Started by JBlaze, June 12, 2011, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

Quote from: globalwalyy on September 19, 2011, 05:08:48 AM
hello thanks for this script, but i immediately i did this it destroy everything i have to rest it back pls help me out i think am lost somewhere
Destroy everything how? Have a screenshot?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

~Dragon~

Please do not PM or email, Thank respond please post fast to SMF!

stang7043

Quote from: mijo on August 01, 2011, 04:39:32 PM
How to modify to make this work in 1.1.14 or is there some ready TIP to add Facebook Like button in 1.1.4..

I am looking for the same ... Did anyone let you know how to modify this for 1.1.14 ?

Sir Charles

Is there a way of using this in Simpleportal to display on articles? It works great on my topics but I would like them on my portal articles too if possible.

Jeet Chowdhury

see this:

http://muskilashan.com/index.php?topic=838.0

horizontal scroll bar come in browser with this code....

how to remove this unnecessary scroll bar?

Home 4 Answers

For the FB like do I need to add the og tags?
If so any heads up on accomplishing this?

Thanks heaps!

-[Reece]-

Farmacija

it works, thank you!

For adding gplus button beside twitter and facebook

<span class="floatright" style="margin: 6px;" id="gplus">
<g:plusone href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '" size="medium"></g:plusone>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>
</span>
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

userquote

glennk

Hi guys, this is good. But I have a problem. Once I click like, it opens a box for me to comment ?? However the box can hardly be seen as it stays within the restraints of the blue bar, ie the blue bar does not expand to the size of the comments box.

Also Is there a way to make the icons bigger and have them somewhere more prominant, perhaps within the post just before the opening sentence ??

BinkyM

Quotejust add this code in your theme's Display.template.php

I hate sounding like a noob, but in this case, I'm an SMF noob. The theme I created doesn't have its own Display.template.php. Should it? If so, where should I grab it from?

Thanks for the tip,

Binky

TheListener

Quote from: BinkyM on April 24, 2012, 12:46:43 PM
Quotejust add this code in your theme's Display.template.php

I hate sounding like a noob, but in this case, I'm an SMF noob. The theme I created doesn't have its own Display.template.php. Should it? If so, where should I grab it from?

Thanks for the tip,

Binky

If the theme you use doesn't have its own display.template then try the default one.

BinkyM

Thanks, Fossil. Will do! I'm getting better at bumbling around at a rapid pace!

Binky

psycho180

Is there any mod avlble for this post???

i tried but didn't work check it out plz help me sir...

psycho180

hey thnks man i did... but facing little bit prbm...

adding screenshot help me out plz

BinkyM

Wow, JBlaze; it looks really nice in your screenshot, but all I get it the word "Tweet," and that's it. I'm still on my hunt for Facebook and Twitter buttons!

(Not that my users even *use* these things, but I'm trying to drag us all into the 21st century.) (I only just created a FB page a couple months ago, and it's a fake one. I needed it for some reason or another.) (I haven't anything mundane enough to tweet.)

Binky

Andrew103

Did you have a code for Google +1 ? thanks for code of twitter and facebook it really help to my website what I need is now Google +1 and other coding.

Pools Above Ground

TheListener

Advertisement: