News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Database error.

Started by twig/al, June 13, 2011, 02:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twig/al

I have a fresh install of 2.0  final with a completely new database. When installing, using the install.php when I enter the database username and information and click continue. I get theis message:

Multiple supported database types were detected - which do you wish to use. Please note that running pre-SMF 2.0 RC3 along with newer SMF versions in the same PostgreSQL database is not supported. You need to upgrade your older installations in that case.

Do I need to delete the install:_2-0_postgresql.sql and install_2-0_sqlite.sql to stop this or do I have another problem?  Thanks for any help...

SilentCJ

Are you using MySQL or PostgreSQL for the Database?

twig/al

MySQL the best I can tell... That is what my other database says.

SilentCJ

Maybe you have set it to use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL, It wouldnt mention PGSQL if it had nothing to do with it

twig/al

I went back and looked again, it is suppose to be MySQL, but I have all three loaded into the directory, If I delete the other two, do you think it might stop the error?

SilentCJ

Re-install it. Make it load MySQL from the Database you have there and it should work

twig/al

I will give that a try... Thanks...

twig/al

SilentCJ, Thanks for your help... The problem was that the server path was nor correct because the server company makes you put your web address where most companies use "localhost". Getting that out of them was like pulling teeth... NOTE: Just to let everyone know there was NO Problem with SMF!!! Great job SMF...

Advertisement: