News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Urgent Help please..

Started by biorage, June 13, 2011, 11:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biorage

Thank you Xarcell For your time and efforts aiding my noobiness!

** New problem, please look at post #3-5(**

Updating Your SMF Install!
The upgrader found some old or outdated language files, for the forum default language, english-utf8.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.
   [SKIP] [Try English]

Click here to try again.

Need help and suggestions, been following the guide on the main site, and also googling, but nothing, I replaced the files in mine, and well, not sure what to do now.. any suggestions? I backed up the smf4data in forum maintence before, though I'm not sure how to use it correctly..

Any ideas?

Also, if i hit "skip"

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/sitgamin/public_html/Mytatrea/upgrade.php on line 3468
1: Login

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/sitgamin/public_html/Mytatrea/upgrade.php on line 3468
2: Upgrade Options

3: Backup

4: Database Changes

5: Delete Upgrade

PS I also updated from 1. something 3, to the "large package"

Xarcell

make sure you are uploading all the new files, overwriting the old ones.

biorage

I also get
Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'

When I go to my website.

On topic to your post,

I uploaded the zip file, into that folder, and extracted it, there was no option to replace anything..

Xarcell

You have  database error, and you extract the files from the zip. Then you FTP the files to your forum root, overwriting/replacing the old ones.

biorage

What do you suggest? Using FTP method, and extracting it accordingly?

biorage

Okayt, well I tried the FTP method, so that didn't work, would I have to delete and start it over completely?

Xarcell

if you have a database error, I would. Depends on how big your forum is.

biorage

Hm, alright, well it seems that is is "everything" is in place, however it just appeared to be okay, not to sure..

EDIT:

Updating, I'll let you know, thanks bud!

biorage

Progress

Step 1: Login
    Step 2: Upgrade Options
    Step 3: Backup
    Step 4: Database Changes
    Step 5: Delete Upgrade

83%

Overall Progress
100%

Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 3 mins, 52 seconds.
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!

Database Updates Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.

Been stuck at that for atleast 10 minutes now, ideas?

Xarcell

I don't see teh problem? It says "database updates complete! click continue to proceed". The 83% will changes after you click continue.

biorage

Facepal;m

I feel like an idiot, thanks buddy, I really apperciate your time!

Advertisement: