In root folder of SMF i am seeing some files with MB sizes, what are those?

Started by Eswar, June 14, 2011, 11:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eswar

In root folder of SMF i am seeing some files with MB sizes, what are those?

In the root folder i am seeing some files like
core.5645 37.43MB
core.5323 35.27MB

and the files types are type text and x-generuic.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Eswar

Hi  Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen,

Thanks for your quick response. I am seeing one more file with name called error_log more than 800MB and file type is  text and x-generuic.

Can i delete those files. Is it will make any problem if i delete those ?

Illori

i would suggest you contact your host first and let them look at them before deleting them

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is better if you ask your host if they can look at them to find out what is causing them. And only delete them when they say you can do so.
It is not SMF causing them anyhow, it is something actually crashing on the server.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Eswar

Hi  Illori &  Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen,

Thanks for your quick response and suggestions. I will ask host before deleting them. I have one more query.
Please look into the following post.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=437842.0

Thanks Advance.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Eswar

Hi  Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen,
Host telling that those files are your forum supporting files. You can confirm with forum software provider and delete.

Are you getting those files in your forum ftp directory too.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Your host is sadly lying to your face - but if they are unwilling to handle it, you can go ahead and delete them.

I would start looking for a better host though, if I were in your position. The answer your host gave pretty much tells me they don't know what they are doing, or just don't care enough to tell you the truth.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: