News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how to upgrade to 2.0

Started by mrpike, June 14, 2011, 08:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

in the main folder that smf is installed in

mrpike

In Filezilla? I'm so confused right now haha.

Illori

if you downloaded all your files before you tried the upgrade, settings.php is in the main folder you downloaded

mrpike

Well I thought I did, but now I'm not so sure I did. I think I just backed them up on godaddy but I don't have anything my computer file wise (except for the admin backup that I did through SMF).

Any way that I can use that?

Illori

nope that will not work, you should have done a backup of the files too which i believe you said you did. not much can be done at this time unless you have a backup of the files or you can find out your database connection information. it is possible your host may be able to restore your files from a backup but that is not guranteed

mrpike

Well I know the database connection information because I set it up I think......

how do I go about doing this?

Illori

try using What is repair_settings.php? to reset your database information

mrpike

Not working.....this sucks.

mrpike

Can I install 2.0 and then use the admin backup to restore posts or are the gone too  :'(

Illori

then your other option is to ask your host if they can restore your files back, you could check your settings_bak.php file and see if the details are correct in it, and use those otherwise not sure what you can do.

mrpike

Well this sucks I'm calling godaddy right now what shoudl I ask them?

Illori

to restore your files to how they were when they last did a backup, or just settings.php file

mrpike

wow so some indian godaddy guy helped me restore everything!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mrpike

Thanks for your help, with everything. I dun screwed up and you helped me fix it.

I really still want to upgrade to 2.0 but I'm going to need a way dumbed down version on how to do this.

Illori

since you now know where your files are, back them all up NOW, to your local computer. then you can try the upgrade again. Upgrading SMF

mrpike

I'm still not 100% on how to do this. I'm gonna read some more before I try this again haha

mrpike

I want to export my forum to a folder right?

mrpike

haha yeah yeah.

I'm just confused. I'm in PHPmyadmin and I'm not sure what to export.

mrpike

Here is what I'm dealing with if this helps.

Advertisement: