News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Smileys Gone But Everything Is There?

Started by C4G-TK, June 14, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

OK, I was having a problem with Smileys showing up on my forum when I installed a new set.  So, I went back and unmodded my site since I had only used a few which installed perfectly anyway.  I went back and copied over all my forum files just to make certain everything was fresh.  I cleared the cache on my browser and on the forum.  Nothing has worked.  (I will be honest and say  that I have always hated adding or changing smileys.)  I even went as far as to upload repair_settings.php just to make sure I had everything set correctly.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm doing something completely stupid.  When I browse my site, everything goes quickly, but when I go to make a post, I watch firefox keep saying waiting/transferring/waitin/transferring in the bottom left side of the screen.

I'm using 2.0 (newest release) on the curve theme right now.  All the smileys are in their folders on the server and I have everything shown as POST FORM.  BUT, all I get is the word (description) showing and not the smiley when I go to type a post.

What am I missing?

-img removed-

C4G-TK

Don't ask me what the *&% happened.

It started working again.  They are appearing on the site as if nothing happened now.  I installed some mods and went back into a post to test another mod out and BOOM there they were.

-img removed-

Advertisement: