News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgraded to 2.0, need some help please.

Started by mredd, June 15, 2011, 12:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

mredd

Hi Illori.

I donloaded the SMF 2.0 Large upgrade pack and followed the instructions here http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=341

Regards.
edd.

Illori

that does not tell me exactly what you have done. i know what it says there but some users tend to miss things which causes issues.

mredd

Hi Illori.

Right this is where I am with this.

I have now run a backup of my server so everything is back to as it was before I attempted the upgrade.

One thing, do I have to put the forum into maintenance mode ? as every time I do, it screws up me database and I have to do a server restore to get everything back.

Illori

you do not need to put it in maintenance mode, and since that control is in a file i dont see why you would need to restore the database back after enabling it.

mredd

I used the repair_settings.php to turn m-mode off and it messed up the datadase  ::)

So as you can imagine I am now in a do, I don't I try to run the upgrade again.

Regards.
edd.

Illori

the repair_settings.php file simply changes one number in the settings.php file. which you can also do manually it has nothing to do with the database at all.

mredd

I put the forum in m-mode via settings.php file and that worked fine Thanks for that. I am now going to upload the large upgrade files to the server.

One thing when I run the upgrade will it know what my database settings are or will I have to enter them in ?.

Thanks again.
Regards.
edd.

Illori

it should know them given the server can read your settings.php file.

mredd

Hi Folks.

I am sorted now.  :) :) :)

Many many thanks to everyone who help me out here.

There are a few tweaks I want to do but that can wait for now.

I will mark this thread as solved.

Many thanks again folks.

Kind regards.
edd.

Advertisement: